PDA

View Full Version : Drivers licence

m5tt
14-12-2013, 19:30
Hey guys,

My drivers licence photo ID is due to expire in January, and with the festive period upon us, I don't expect it will be back quickly knowing the Dvla!.

My question is... With the photo ID expiring this doesn't affect me being able to drive on public roads does it?, Am I ok to continue as per normal?.

JRP
14-12-2013, 19:35
Hey guys,

My drivers licence photo ID is due to expire in January, and with the festive period upon us, I don't expect it will be back quickly knowing the Dvla!.

My question is... With the photo ID expiring this doesn't affect me being able to drive on public roads does it?, Am I ok to continue as per normal?.

Take scans/ copies and keep for proof if pilled over. It's electronically kept so they will know the truth.

Send it off ;)

Hoolio
14-12-2013, 19:36
If you get it in the post asap you will be fine.

B18ftMOJO5
14-12-2013, 19:51
Doing mine this week. Your ok to drive while they process the application.;)
As long as your not changing address or have a new medical condition.

m5tt
14-12-2013, 19:58
Thanks for the quick responses everyone, appreciate that! I had a small panic attack!.

Hope every RTOC'er enjoys there festive period!.

Matt.

Hammer
14-12-2013, 20:34
I did mine at the post office, and they sent the photo electronically. In the meantime, they gave me some sort of receipt so that if I was pulled over I could still prove I had my licence :)

TNT Tricky Nicky
14-12-2013, 21:44
My wife just done hers, came back in 3-5 days.

Send it off ASAP because technically you can be charged with driving without a valid driving licence as they have an expiry date, so no you're not ok to carry on as normal if it's after the expiry date, unless you have proof you have applied for a new one.

paul b
15-12-2013, 00:44
If you have an up to date passport you can do it online....

mine was back in 2 days..... £20 , job done

DaveL485
15-12-2013, 10:31
"Up to a £1000 fine..." if you get clocked with an expired one, so realistically it's unlikely anyone will do anything and if they do a first offence will be a small fine.

Not endorsable, and it doesn't revoke your license.