PDA

View Full Version : Rotten Sills, Glued on Bodykit

Hammer
07-12-2013, 13:04
Hi chaps,

This past week I've been having the suspension on my car overhauled and returned to standard height...or what I thought was standard height. Looks like I was sold Monaco or Campus springs and the car now looks like an off roader!

Anyway, whilst my mechanic mate was looking around the car, he said that the sills would have to be either welded or replaced for the next MOT (he quoted me between £700 and a grand for this). The next problem I have is that my bodykit is stuck on with gripfill so not sure how on earth I'm going to get this off?

Basically, I was wondering if I could ask a favour. If anybody is ever passing near Milton Keynes, is there any chance you would be willing to maybe pop round and take a look at my car please and have a quick butchers underneath? I was hoping to get a second opinion on the work that has been suggested needs doing, and possible advice on the best way forward. I would happily pay petrol expenses and supply tea ;)

Thanks in advance if anybody can help one day over winter.

J$£5GTT
07-12-2013, 15:38
your going to need to get the body kit/sill covers off so you or anyone else can give you an idea whats needed,gripfill goes off rock hard not like other rubber sealants,firsty id see how many of the original fixings are used,then unbolt those.

for attacking the gripfill your going to need some hacksaw blades and some gloves,also a sharp knife,like those ones you break off everytime they go blunt,if you break any of the kit then so be it,easy enough to fix with fibreglass repair or get second hand.

:agree: