PDA

View Full Version : What the committee are up to

Slammed 66
03-12-2013, 14:47
I'm reposting these comments here to give you an idea of what the committee discuss in their closed forums.

Open discussion....no cloak and dagger, no secrets, no closed forums. It's the only way it should be done. All members should be able to see committee forums, just not post on them. Also, it's quite easy for you not to partake in discussions such as this....simply close the window :)

From a relative outsiders view ( in terms of seniority ) you cant tell what is being done or not.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/TURBOHEARSE/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zpsc5ec4fff.png (http://s37.photobucket.com/user/TURBOHEARSE/media/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zpsc5ec4fff.png.html)

The above screenshot was taken this morning before the clean up of the N/D thread.

I'm hoping that it gives you a positive insight into what we're doing for the members.

All events are discussed here FIRST before being made public. This is important before just creating a thread for events that the club may fund OR carry the name of the club.

We work on cases where members may be getting ripped off by unscrupulous sellers.

Website improvements and modifications are discussed here too

Plus countless other topics.

If anyone feels they're being ignored or they're interested to know what's happening, just contact a committee member and ask. It's not all cloak and dagger but some things are best kept in the private areas until they're resolved of completed before finding there way onto the general boards.

At this moment in time, there is no intention of making the committee boards open to public viewing. Hopefully you can all see why and see that we are working positively for you guys.

Ross

andybond
03-12-2013, 15:04
:agree:

Thanks Ross. Appreciate you taking the time out to do this

Slammed 66
03-12-2013, 15:12
:agree:

Thanks Ross. Appreciate you taking the time out to do this

No worries Andy.

You've got me on here and Facebook so feel free to pm anytime mate :agree:

Penfold aka The Dealer
03-12-2013, 16:09
Could have edited the boards.... Now people can see I issued a warning (should be private and shouldn't say who issued it publicly)...

Not that I give a rats...

Edit : a lot of the old committee threads need moving at some point ;)

car.crash
03-12-2013, 19:45
Penfold you dragon :devil:

Penfold aka The Dealer
03-12-2013, 20:31
Penfold you dragon :devil:

Yep haha.

It's more for the member sake than mine, not fair to be pubicly shown you have had a warning...

DaveL485
04-12-2013, 09:49
Yep haha.

It's more for the member sake than mine, not fair to be pubicly shown you have had a warning...

I'd have said the opposite....if you get nobbled by the rozzers for something it's public record and printed in the local newspaper....plus how else would a complainant know the case has been resolved?

Trevhib
04-12-2013, 10:22
You can get in touch with the courts, like I did when I had my old Cavalier broken into. The little div cut himself on the broken glass of the window and his DNA was in the police database so they were able to prosecute. When I contacted them they were able to tell me there'd been two no shows by him, they fined him in his absence, which he never paid, and evennnnnntually, he went to jail for two weeks.

Edit - I remember coming out of the sportshall we were playing basketball in to find someone had literally just scared them off. They were zooming around on a old scooter taking the p*ss out of us, from a distance of course. They'd got my stereo but not my sub, which was hanging half out of the car. Two busted windows. I was due £220, which he didn't pay, hence the time inside.

DaveL485
04-12-2013, 10:35
I was due £220, which he didn't pay, hence the time inside.

If only most of us had the opportunity of seeing the face of the vandalistic little twunts.

V for Vendetta anyone?

5teve L
05-12-2013, 15:27
What I find more shocking is Trev owning up to having a CAVALIER :wasntme:

James5
05-12-2013, 15:43

:laugh: Mr Orion

5teve L
05-12-2013, 17:06
:laugh: Mr Orion

Shhh you, I have never owned a ford onion :laugh:

Nad-5GTT
05-12-2013, 17:19

I had a real soft spot for them in fact I've had four, a mercury grey mk1 1.6 ghia injection, a mk 1 1.3l my first car, and two mk2 1.4 lx one mercury grey and the other magenta. They were all played about with in some form mainly rs turbo bits etc. The carb blew it's guts up on the magenta one on xmas day and caught alight :cry: I was only 18 and loved that one :ashamed:

Guybrush
05-12-2013, 17:25

I had a real soft spot for them in fact I've had four, a mercury grey mk1 1.6 ghia injection, a mk 1 1.3l my first car, and two mk2 1.4 lx one mercury grey and the other magenta. They were all played about with in some form mainly rs turbo bits etc. The carb blew it's guts up on the magenta one on xmas day and caught alight :cry: I was only 18 and loved that one :ashamed:

Is dat with de boost? :cartman:

Trevhib
07-01-2014, 14:05

Hey, it was a face-lift champagne gold SRi, lol. :burnrubber: Not bad for an 18yr old student who had to pay £1200 for insurance in 1995. :sad:

5teve L
07-01-2014, 14:16
Hey, it was a face-lift champagne gold SRi, lol. :burnrubber: Not bad for an 18yr old student who had to pay £1200 for insurance in 1995. :sad:

Yeah, my Mum had one of those :cooter:

Slammed 66
07-01-2014, 14:20

Such as this?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/TURBOHEARSE/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zpsda343eb5.jpg (http://s37.photobucket.com/user/TURBOHEARSE/media/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zpsda343eb5.jpg.html)

You had class man :agree:

I nearly ended up with one as a first car but got a gt turbo instead.

Then last year nearly swapped my viva for a mates chavalier sri in blue.

Trevhib
07-01-2014, 14:49
Lovely that! Almost exactly like that one Ross, same colour/kit, except the wheels I had on mine were the same as the Astra 16v (also mine was only the 115bhp version, not the SRi130 like in the pic). What a crying shame they didn't do a 16v version. It was a no-brainer given how well the Astra 16v sold around that time. Lovely seats in those old Vauxhalls, the dash not so much :laugh:

It was the regular pasting the Cav was getting from my mates Ph1 GTT that made me switch to R5's (after getting a loan to pay for one). The rest is history!

Steve, see, your mum has taste. :D