Jonny5
01-12-2013, 09:15
So sad...RIP

GTphil
01-12-2013, 09:21
Sadly ironic, I was genuinely gutted when i saw it on the news. :(

westy94
01-12-2013, 09:53
Rip great actor, love the fast and furious films, they won't be the same without him

rs250nut
01-12-2013, 10:03
I think they were half way through filming fast and the furious 7, rip to a great guy, near on single handed changed the whole tuning/modifying industry.

fat roofer
01-12-2013, 11:07
Genuinely stunned by this!! Can't help but wonder if his mate who was driving was showing off in a porsche? ”look, i can drive like you in those films!" sad news in any case.

B18ftMOJO5
01-12-2013, 11:08
rest in peace great actor, sad loss at a such a young age.:(

Slammed 66
01-12-2013, 11:22
near on single handed changed the whole tuning/modifying industry.

For the better?

It is sad indeed that anyone should lose their life, especially so young but the level of recognition amazes me because he was an actor in a popular film. If he was a serving soldier that died saving someone's life in a foreign country there wouldn't be so much coverage. That's what I find safest of all.

I'm not trying to take anything from him but far worse happens that nobody realises or cares about on a daily basis.

R.I.P Paul walker.

SCHWARTZ
01-12-2013, 14:04
Very sad rip.

GT Josh
01-12-2013, 14:05
My love for cars came from this film, as I was around 15 when it came out. Rip

dangerous dave
01-12-2013, 14:47
Worse thing is he wasn't driving, more than likely a friend taking more risks than their lives were worth. I hate being a passenger, I risk my own life if I want to, I'm not best pleased with someone who decides to do it for me.

Porsches are hard to tell apart when new, that car was totally unrecognisable after..

I'm with above that people shed more tears over famous people than someone who risked their live for someone else's freedom... That said, it's a shame all the same, someone lost their dad, other half, son, friend and f&f 8 won't be the same. I'm a sad bugger for looking forward to the next, and the next:(

The new Bill J
01-12-2013, 14:59
I dislike all this RIP the famous person stuff. There were two people in that car who both deserve equal respect!

I've read a few comments along the lines of: "The driver must have been showing off, because he had a guy from the F&F alongside him!" Not that I'm saying he was a driving god (I didn't know him), but from what I understand, Roger Rodas was an ex racing driver, and a good friend of Paul Walker. I doubt he was out to impress him.

RIP to BOTH guys :(

Adey aka Ewok
01-12-2013, 15:02
hes a public figure of course more people are going to pay respects to him than a squady they dont know. is this right? probably not, but that's the way it is. Rip to paul walker,roger rodas and anyone else that has passed away

robw
01-12-2013, 17:18
hes a public figure of course more people are going to pay respects to him than a squady they dont know. is this right? probably not, but that's the way it is. Rip to paul walker,roger rodas and anyone else that has passed away

I have to agree with this, as much as I respect the soldiers that die in combat, it doesnt mean as much to me personally as I haven't seen, met or known anything about them. Obviously it would be different if the squady was a friend or something.

TNT ANDY
01-12-2013, 17:33
RIP - Paul Walker

Gutted - great on screen presence, fab actor in hiw own right, he loved what he did and it showed and so sad that he, and his friend died whilst doing such good work.

Rest easy.

gtmatt
01-12-2013, 21:18
Rip

Big Steve - Raider
02-12-2013, 07:05
How ironic he would meet his maker in a fast car... :dearme:

I think the car was a Porsche Carrera GT (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_Carrera_GT) which is known as being a bit of a twitchy handler with the OE tyres?? :(

Red October
02-12-2013, 21:01
I think they were half way through filming fast and the furious 7, rip to a great guy, near on single handed changed the whole tuning/modifying industry.

:agree: RIP Paul Walker.