PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

ellclover
15-11-2013, 20:25
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi

I'm Elliot & I'm from derby, recently just picked up my third renault 5 which is my second gt turbo, my first turbo that I had seems to have become a bit of an icon on the site as it has been lovingly restored by its owner Matt (g993 let)
I sold this car due to me wanting to modify the 5 ( only slightly)but I just thought it was to good to start messing with.

I have just bought this grey 5 off a chap near Hull, it's really really tidy and has not long been painted by its previous owner, it has got a few issues but nothing major.

The car seems to starter ally well and runs a dream, it does seem to have a small flat spot after about 4k but I'm sure I can sort that with time. I have just purchased a wide band so I can get it set up

The interior needs a bit of a spruce with the seats looking a bit tired and the plastics in a bit of a bad way. I have spent 3 hours today removing the remains of 4 alarms and immobilisers that have been fitted over the years, then installed a fresh one that's s now working

So that's my little introduction and I look forward to picking your lads brains in the near future

Cheers Elliot

Ebay pic
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b329/ellclover/null_zps60d85d55.png

Engine bay
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b329/ellclover/null_zps8250ee1d.jpg

michael tierney
15-11-2013, 20:48
hi Elliot welcome to the club:)

LeeR5GTT
15-11-2013, 20:55
Welcome buddy! Saw this on eBay looks lovely :)

chris
15-11-2013, 20:55
Welcome mate. So what's the plan for the car:)

Mattv6
15-11-2013, 21:25
Hi pal,

Glad to see you are back in the fold again. Just polished g993 before, she's doing good.

Hopefully catch up with you at a meet in the Summer. Lichfield is a good one.

If you need any help with the grey one just give me a shout.

All the best,

Matt

ellclover
15-11-2013, 21:37

Yes Matt, will try and get down to some meets, hope everything is good with you!

My plans are to get the interior a bit tidier, the main bits I need are the rear quarter plastics and the rear speaker grills/ parcel shelf mountings are missing, I also need a parcel shelf

In the long term I will be changing the wheels, I have the standard speed lines but I quite like them with Williams wheels on

The engine I will leave more or less as it is but try and sort this flat spot I seem to have

Cheers

Ps I seem to think that the tungsten grey that this car is painted seems to have a slight green tinge to it! Is that normal?

LeeR5GTT
15-11-2013, 22:05
I have some clio Williams alloys Elliot, with nearly New falkens on them :) send me a Pm if interested old boy :)

Gtturbo
15-11-2013, 22:37
Hi and welcome mate, lovely looking tungy, also saw it on eBay.

Goobie
15-11-2013, 22:41
Welcome to the club! :cool:

Nottswoody
15-11-2013, 22:49
Welcome to the club good to see another midlander :agree:

mingblus3
16-11-2013, 00:35
Hi Mate

Welcome to the club.

I've got some rear parcel shelf brackets that you can have if you want to pay for the cost of postage. One side has a small piece missing but when a shelf is in situ it cannot be seen.

I was going to chuck them out this week so if you want them just let me know.

B18ftMOJO5
16-11-2013, 07:53
Welcome to the club mate. Looks like a nice car you got there. :agree:

Matt Cole
16-11-2013, 08:47
Welcome matey. I would look at the wiring and pipework around the turbo and carb. Doesn't look right. Also air filter next to turbo? :scratch: not you im sure mate but the previous owner should be shot!:scared:

ellclover
16-11-2013, 09:41

Matt cole, the previous owner who had it for nearly 3 years told me he had done absolutely nothing to the engine in the time he had owned it, but yes I thought the filter placement was a bit silly, there's a few things under the bonnet I don't like, the fan is also on a switch for some reason? Why do people do that?

I'm going to see a fellow member off here Carl (lynchstar) sometime soon and I'm sure he will point me in the right direction with the engine!

Cheers

Matt Cole
16-11-2013, 10:04
Good stuff matey prevention better than cure as they say. :agree:

ellclover
16-11-2013, 10:24

Couldn't agree more mate, it is always slightly worrying when you lift the boot carpet and find a brand new head gasket under there lol

But on the other hand it did make it back from hull to derby so that's always a good sign!

Trevhib
16-11-2013, 10:48
Welcome along :)

Fantastic to have another GTT in Derby. I never ever see any on the roads here (and I don't have one atm).

Will this be your daily and whereabouts in the city are you generally? So I can keep my eye out for you :cool:

Danboi2
16-11-2013, 10:55
Welcome pal cracking looking car :agree:

gtmatt
16-11-2013, 21:18
Welcome to the clan