PDA

View Full Version : Central locking prob,.

CHUNK The Goonies
10-11-2013, 17:01
Hi chaps , as above I've a cobra alarm on my 5 and with fob etc etc. few weeks back it decided not to work, pressing the fob does nowt. Won't open doors or set alarm . :confused: I've changed the battery in the fob which has made no difference. The immobiliser touch key thingy works fine, it takes the alarm off to allow me to start it. Any suggestion?:scratch: the next thing I was going to do is buy a new fob, but then have the problem of coding it to the alarm. Is there any alarm geniuses on here who know how to go about it or advice on what could be a problem or what to check . Thanks mucho graciass:D

Woznaldo
12-11-2013, 06:28
There could be transmit/receive problem with either the Fob or the Antenna of the main Alarm Module. You could dismantle the fob to check for any dodgy solder joints and try to find the main Alarm Module to check the Antenna (normally a wire that doesn't have anything connected to it).

Probably just speak to an authorised Cobra dealer for some advice?

CHUNK The Goonies
16-11-2013, 19:08
There could be transmit/receive problem with either the Fob or the Antenna of the main Alarm Module. You could dismantle the fob to check for any dodgy solder joints and try to find the main Alarm Module to check the Antenna (normally a wire that doesn't have anything connected to it).

Probably just speak to an authorised Cobra dealer for some advice?

Ok cheers. The fob looks ok. And the antenna seems ok :confused: I'll get in touch with cobra and see what they say ;)