PDA

View Full Version : Don't panic it's only a flu pandemic

c7borg
08-01-2009, 16:09
I work in a hospital and I'm there just going about my work when I get the below sent.. asking me to list all my skills and other non-work related skills, I did mention the rear wheel drive conversion but I'm not sure it'll be too useful in an amulance :)

World Health Organisation estimates indicate that an influenza pandemic will result, affecting the United Kingdom, with the evidence suggesting that it will be sooner rather than later.
In the event of an official announcement of an influenza pandemic, the planning assumption is that up to 50% of staff will be absent for a period of the pandemic. This will be combined with a significant increase in the demand for hospital services. As a result, increased demand combined with potentially decreased supply presents a significant risk to the maintenance of services. Accordingly, it is imperative that each NHS Trust has in place a robust plan to most effectively utilise available manpower.

Tiny Tim
08-01-2009, 16:19
Heard that on the grapevine a while back. Dunno about you, but I personally cant wait. :crap:

Adey aka Ewok
08-01-2009, 16:42
whys it called a flu and not an inf ?

Ashy
08-01-2009, 17:46
Sounds like they are giving all those lazy "sick note" culture workers the green light to take a few weeks off on the sick!!

Chris Hebden
08-01-2009, 20:25
I had the exact same thing at my work! I've already had the long term "man flu" thats flying about!

WADDIE
09-01-2009, 17:55
been in bed 3 1/2 days with this ****e bug thats going round!:cry:

MR TURBO
09-01-2009, 17:59
been in bed 3 1/2 days with this ****e bug thats going round!:cry:

Fight it!! May the force be with u!! Dude on a serious note tho have you tried taking Benylin 4 flu tablets?? Best things ever so strong they keep them behind the counters in chemists, get yourself some of those badboys and anybody else who has the same they work a treat :wasntme::wasntme: You'll soon be out :burnrubber:

Adam L
09-01-2009, 18:03
Nearly 4 years at my place and i've never taken a sick day, ****ing pussy's...

Anyway, i'm GOD, so I don't get sick.

clee
09-01-2009, 18:07
I can't afford to be ill ,no one pays me when I am . Adam is right.... feckin-pussies .
Just tell yerself it's a cold ,not flu . I did have proper flu once and its stopped me smoking for the last 5 years so I'm glad I had it :smokin:

D4WNO
09-01-2009, 18:08
I had a flu jab last year...and then got the cnuting flu really badly! :rolleyes:

MR TURBO
09-01-2009, 18:17
is that an echo??:wasntme: