PDA

View Full Version : MOT Time & loose battery

DaveMayGTT
08-01-2009, 14:29
Cars gone in for the MOT after being off the road for a year and waiting to hear how its done at mo. The MOT tester already picked up on the fact that the battery is not secured, what can be done about this, I didn't realise they normally were.

Cheers

Dave

Spooky
08-01-2009, 14:31
Just make sure it is clamped down.

Look down the side of the battery, there should be a clamping plate with a long bolt holding it down, if not, go to a scrappy and nick one :D

dangerous dave
08-01-2009, 15:07
some guy on another site was telling some lad you could leave a battery in the boot unclamped with no venting.. i however had my clio turbo fail on both said points + others so stated it would be wise to do both both to save wasting there time, your time and for your own safety..

he however kept going on you didnt need too as.....................he was a tester.. perhaps its not on there, only just picked up on as the tester himself would like to see the job done right for his own piece of mind.

i however still think he was giving out bad advice:rolleyes:

DaveMayGTT
08-01-2009, 15:18
Thanks for the advice guys, will take a look down the side next time im in it.

Great news though, since last MOT its had 6 months use and then been stored for a year. my m8 got it out of the garage went strait to the MOT station and passed only needing 1 new bulb and said it was driving absolutely perfectly so i am more than chuffed.

Brigsy
08-01-2009, 15:31
Battery must be secure for test. If the original clamp is missing im sure something could be knocked up with ease to hold it in place:)