PDA

View Full Version : Fan on a switch

Rob1980
05-11-2013, 17:00
Hello everyone

I discovered the other day that my 5 had two demister switches. One does what it says on the tin and after a bit of investigation I discovered that the other one manually operates the fan. The fan does kick in automatically when it should so I am wondering why it is also on a switch??

Also to add to this, is there any benefit/disadvantages to it also being on a switch?

Bigfoot
05-11-2013, 17:40
I had it setup like this when I first got the car, no issues running it like this apart from depends on how good the wiring is really to if any issues occur as its another thing which could technically cause a problem. I removed mine in the end as was fine with it cutting in normally.

Rob1980
05-11-2013, 18:03
I had it setup like this when I first got the car, no issues running it like this apart from depends on how good the wiring is really to if any issues occur as its another thing which could technically cause a problem. I removed mine in the end as was fine with it cutting in normally.

Yeah I might just remove it then as like I said, it does kick it automatically when it should.

Fordy
05-11-2013, 18:19
It would be good to keep as a just incase thing