PDA

View Full Version : Baby no2 is coming!!!!

Nottswoody
28-10-2013, 16:32
Well got home today and the mrs says the dr is going to induce her on Monday as some know we've had a hard pregnancy we also miscarried the last.. This baby has been diagnosed with a clef pallet and bilateral lip.. Not worried about that as there is lots the surgeons can do today :)

But I'm still carrying on with the b18 build till then lol.. Off in the garage to put the new pads on those green stuff were crap..

Busy busy times :D

Andy M
28-10-2013, 20:30
Good luck Monday matey :)

ScottKinnear
28-10-2013, 20:40
Yes mate good luck and hope all goes well for you both

Tutuur
28-10-2013, 20:50
Congrats mate, hope all goes well this time!

Nottswoody
28-10-2013, 20:57
Thanks guys but as you know as dads my work was done 8montgs ago its all on the mrs :) she's doing great though its been troubled times since week 30 we are at 36 now.. Thanks again :)

Mr Raider
28-10-2013, 21:47
Good luck mate, my gf was born with cleft lip & palate and unless you look really closely cant tell as they do a great job. She did a sponsored skydive last year for CLAPA (Cleft Lip And Palate Association) and this year we climbed over the O2 to raise money for the charity.

Good plan getting the 5 sorted before lil'un makes an appearance :agree: :)

Slammed 66
29-10-2013, 06:58
Good stuff woody :agree:

chris
29-10-2013, 08:23
Good luck woody all the best to you and your family :agree:

JRP
29-10-2013, 10:17
Don't worry about the clef when I was in neo natal unit a baby was sent to great ormand street for it, there so so good at what they do.

Beers all round great news in the bambino front.

I have number 4 on the way now, same circumstances as you in previous efforts, missis really wants a girl lol.

:agree:

Nad-5GTT
29-10-2013, 10:27
Hope all goes well bud for your better half and of course your nerves :laugh:.

Alex
29-10-2013, 10:51
All the best. We've recent had our second (2 months old) I feel very lucky :)

Duncan Grier
29-10-2013, 11:36
:agree: hope it all goes nice and smooth

I have 2 and we would never have more kids LOL 2 is 10 times harder than 1 :cry:

Benjamin turns 3 in 2 weeks and Elliott is 6 months now - more than enough to put us off having a 3rd :D both fantastic but dam slavery is hard work ;)

More than 2 is just greedy, not sure we could afford them either :laugh:

DG

Nad-5GTT
29-10-2013, 13:01
:agree: hope it all goes nice and smooth

I have 2 and we would never have more kids LOL 2 is 10 times harder than 1 :cry:

Benjamin turns 3 in 2 weeks and Elliott is 6 months now - more than enough to put us off having a 3rd :D both fantastic but dam slavery is hard work ;)

More than 2 is just greedy, not sure we could afford them either :laugh:

DG

I absolutely agree with you in every way, I've got two boys, Kallums 5 in April and Jack will be 2 in december. But I will say it does get easier the older they get especially the little ones, so just hang in there :laugh:

Duncan Grier
29-10-2013, 13:11
I absolutely agree with you in every way, I've got two boys, Kallums 5 in April and Jack will be 2 in december. But I will say it does get easier the older they get especially the little ones, so just hang in there :laugh:

False hope - thats what I needed today :D cheers ;)

DG

James5
29-10-2013, 13:20

False hope - thats what I needed today :D cheers ;)

DG

:laugh: You wait until they get a bit older say about 8-10 yrs old and it's another thing ok they are more independant which is nice but then comes the back chat, the moods, the strops, slamming door's, demanding ipad's, etc.. , and this is only a daily basis etc.. from the moment they wake up until the eventually go to bed

crikey and my eldest is 10yrs and we haven't reached teen years, boy's, alcohol, moped's, car's etc... :scared: I try not to think to far ahead as it scares the **** out of me :laugh:

1 -7 they are lovely with the odd strops but thats about it the hard times have not started yet :D

DaveL485
29-10-2013, 18:36

Agreed....my solution was [snip snip] before number 2 made an appearance! :eek::laugh:

Nottswoody
29-10-2013, 18:40
Agreed....my solution was [snip snip] before number 2 made an appearance! :eek::laugh:

I said this at my 1st then I saw here playing on here own and said "nope" she needs a sibling I also layed in bed at 36 thinking how the hell did I get here I'm actually thinking of letting someone chop my nuts!!! But I agree two will be enough this day n age. Plus I never do odd numbers. Hang on I own a 5. Dam it!!

DaveL485
29-10-2013, 18:43
I said this at my 1st then I saw here playing on here own and said "nope" she needs a sibling I also layed in bed at 36 thinking how the hell did I get here I'm actually thinking of letting someone chop my nuts!!! But I agree two will be enough this day n age. Plus I never do odd numbers. Hang on I own a 5. Dam it!!

It may be a TMI/Overshare mate, but it's nowhere as bad as they make out. Get the laser surgery and there's no stitches, very little swelling and very little discomfort. I was in "surgery" if you can call it that no more than ten minutes. Walk in, walk out was within an hour. I'd have it done anually if I had to. (and yes thats ANUALLY as in yearly, not anally before you start! :laugh::laugh:)

Duncan Grier
29-10-2013, 19:53
Dave all I read there was you would take it anal every year to avoid child 2 lol.

Dare I say it snip snip sounds like a viable option. You could mot convince me to have a 3rd!!!!! Regardless how fantastic they are :cool:

DaveL485
29-10-2013, 23:13
Dare I say it snip snip sounds like a viable option. You could mot convince me to have a 3rd!!!!! Regardless how fantastic they are :cool:

Less pain than the Renault's deal out every weekend, by comparison lol

Nottswoody
04-11-2013, 21:04
No baby today we got out back because other mums needed the beds.. Booked in for a c section tomorrow... My daughter was born on April fools and now baby 2 will be a bonfire baby.. You couldn't plan it lol..

Nottswoody
06-11-2013, 10:47
Baby girl 6pound 14 oz :):):)

B18ftMOJO5
06-11-2013, 11:05
Baby girl 6pound 14 oz :):):)

Congrats mate. Hope everyone is well. Great news good weight, think both mine weighed that.much together lol.

jesus in the seat of a 5
06-11-2013, 19:55
congratts bud.. best wishes to you and the family..:)

paul b
06-11-2013, 19:57
Congratulations to you both, Keep Smiling Woody :):):):):)

chris
06-11-2013, 20:05
We'll done mate hope everyone is ok :) all the best to you and your family

Benjibrady
06-11-2013, 20:44
Congratulations bud

Well done to you both :)

casper
06-11-2013, 20:49
Congratulations woody and family:agree:.

Nottswoody
07-11-2013, 13:21
Thanks guys boy am I glad yesterday was over mother doing well after c section.. God woman are strong buggers to go through that twice now. Bless her she never even complained. So Ava-may had to go straight to neonatal ward as had probs with breathing to fast. I tell you I can't complain with the standard of care the nhs gives to children Ava has her own nurses 24hrs a day.. (Plus luckily enough my auntie is the ward manager which helps) clef team has been to see Ava and they are happy..
Now the past 9months have been a hell for me and the mrs as you build a picture in your mind from being told you baby has problems and a hard start. The first second I saw my baby all that melted away it maybe a different first year in life but Ava is a beutifull baby and I'm a very lucky man.. 2girls now I really should think of marrying the mrs next lol..

B18 on hold for the foreseeable but not forever :)

Alex
07-11-2013, 16:37
Brilliant news, well done to you both. Hope Ava is doing well and your other half of course. :agree::cool:

Pigsnake
07-11-2013, 17:48
Congratulations to you both. Brilliant news.:agree::)

Mr Raider
07-11-2013, 22:14
Congratulations to you both :) :agree:

Nottswoody
10-11-2013, 10:12
Off high dependency ward and now on the low dependancy but staying in for the forseeable canulnar now out her tiny little hand so I'm much happier :) incubator now turned off so were getting there :) but Ava has to stay in as her breathing is still not 100% but shes fighting her way up there to mummies ward.. I have seen so many poorly babies this week babies as young as 20weeks old having transfusions to say I have been humbled this week is an understatement. I can't thank the nhs neonatal enough for what they have done this week and keep doing..

Definitely puts a new perspective on life having poorly young ones..
Onwards and upwards :)

Adey aka Ewok
10-11-2013, 10:18
congratulations :agree:

Wallace
10-11-2013, 17:13
Off high dependency ward and now on the low dependancy but staying in for the forseeable canulnar now out her tiny little hand so I'm much happier :) incubator now turned off so were getting there :) but Ava has to stay in as her breathing is still not 100% but shes fighting her way up there to mummies ward.. I have seen so many poorly babies this week babies as young as 20weeks old having transfusions to say I have been humbled this week is an understatement. I can't thank the nhs neonatal enough for what they have done this week and keep doing..

Definitely puts a new perspective on life having poorly young ones..
Onwards and upwards :)

Onwards and upwards indeed......glad it's all going in the right direction:agree:

Congratulations mate:cool::agree:

LiamR
10-11-2013, 17:35
Good stuff. Hope all carries on going well

And congratulations to you all :)

Nottswoody
14-11-2013, 21:10
Finally a week n a half later my girls are home :) and now we can finally relax a little new n born in the house so back to paranoid listening out for her so no sleep lol.. All is happy in the woodward house tonight :)

Thought it rude to ask if I could go in the garage tonight lol b18 still on hold for now :)

Nottswoody
25-06-2014, 21:57
Baby girl had her cleft lip and pallet repair done today. We are so lucky to have the nhs in this country.. Those surgeons deserve every penny they get and still deserve more it's amazing what he has done for us today.. Truly amazing people.. Onwards and upwards still a lot ahead of my little one but I'm hoping that's the biggest out the way.. Very happy mummy daddy and big sis Chloe :agree:

Mr Raider
25-06-2014, 22:26
Hope it all went well mate. My girlfriend was born like that too and it really is amazing work that they do, not an easy time for the little one or the parents for sure.

My girlfriend has done a parachute jump for cleft lip and palate (clapa) in 2012, last year we climbed the 02 together, and next April she is doing a sponsored wing walk! A great cause and charity :).

Nottswoody
25-06-2014, 22:38
Cheers bud I can't explain the feelings I felt when I had to see my daughter I love go in looking one way and then coming out another if you had dressed her differently and put her in with other babies I honestly wouldn't of recognised her. I feel like a weights been lifted off our shoulders but it's still along way to go. We will be in and out of hospital for many years to come but at least now it won't be every week. 67 visits to hospital so far (Ava also had what's called club foot but that's been resolved she was born with what's called deletion of cell 18) when Ava is older we as a family will be doing some things for clapa that's for sure.. All in 7 months of her little life she will be one tough cookie that's for sure..

Mr Raider
26-06-2014, 22:18
This is the new page for the event next year if anyone is interested, no obligation :)

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserPage.action?userUrl=kimberleydenby&faId=473853&isTeam=false

Nottswoody
26-06-2014, 22:27
This is the new page for the event next year if anyone is interested, no obligation :)

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserPage.action?userUrl=kimberleydenby&faId=473853&isTeam=false

Done :) great cause and dear to my heart :agree: keep up the fund raising :)

Mr Raider
27-06-2014, 12:17
Thankyou Paul :) :agree: