PDA

View Full Version : Stuttering problem

Manparis
24-10-2013, 17:36
Have fully serviced my car not 100% it was doing it before but I a have a stutter when the accelorator pedal it pressed. It only does it when it comes off idle. Is fine whilst driving and changing gear it's just when you pull off . If you rev it from idle it does it as well. it is fine when over 1500 revs. Could it be fuel based or electrical. As I said the plugs ,ht leads, dissy cap and arm, replaced with all good quality parts. Carb hasn't been tampered with and is still setup from what Ian at euro parts did for me years ago. Car only does 500 miles a year at the most so carb should ok. Any ideas ?

Dave Reed
24-10-2013, 17:50
idle jet is possibly blocked. its the large brass (flat blade) screw on the carb.

Or possible air leak Or mixure screw has popped out.

Manparis
24-10-2013, 18:03
Mixture screw is definitely in because Ian silicones it in. If its the idle jet why would it stutter when you press on the gas as its idles very well. Maybe a carb overhaul is needed. Would it not be electrical then u think?

Dave Reed
24-10-2013, 18:11
Mixture screw is definitely in because Ian silicones it in. If its the idle jet why would it stutter when you press on the gas as its idles very well. Maybe a carb overhaul is needed. Would it not be electrical then u think?

Ok well that's 3 things of the list. As i thought you said it wouldn't idle.

Could possibly need a carb overhaul. If you've replaced all the other stuff and it's still doing it then that would be my next move.

Manparis
24-10-2013, 18:14
Ok cool . Where's the closest tuner to Leicester these as I said I used to drive stoke and see Ian but I know euro parts is no. Any ideas people?

Alex
24-10-2013, 19:40
Try putting the old plugs back in and see if it still does it. :)

Manparis
24-10-2013, 20:31
I just had a thought when I was servicing it I used iridium spark plugs from cgb and I managed to cross thread one of them but still managed to tighten it up . Would this caus any kind of. Problems?

Alex
24-10-2013, 21:05
Erm.... Yes! How badly did you cross thread it? You might be able to run a tap through it.

Manparis
24-10-2013, 21:30
Not badly as it stil tightened pretty much up but I knew I did it as it went stiff and when I pulled it out it had a slightly chewed thread on the end but like a div I just put it back and kind of made a new thread lol

chris
24-10-2013, 21:48
Not badly as it stil tightened pretty much up but I knew I did it as it went stiff and when I pulled it out it had a slightly chewed thread on the end but like a div I just put it back and kind of made a new thread lol

Can you hear it hissing when it's ticking over

Manparis
24-10-2013, 21:52
No hissing at all

chris
24-10-2013, 22:15
What I am getting at is any compression blowing by also is the plug in as fare as the others check that buddy