PDA

View Full Version : Phase 1 fuel filter has air

123-gtt
23-10-2013, 22:47
Giz a hand on this lads!
Had a bit of leaning out going on at national day, so pulled the car off the track, I'm investigating in to the problem only now as I'm a lazy basted! Lol
Need to get the car ready for snetterton next month, so I'm starting from the fuel tank forwards, first I removed sender from the tank and everything looks sound, then was under the car checking lines, when I noticed the new plastic seen through fuel filter on my phase 1, was only half full!?
So I started the car to see what's going on,and it look like a washing machine( air and fuel whooshing around) is this normal ??
Before I start getting hit with possible running faults I know them, and iv checked all them all, it's got a new fuel pump, carbs good, pressures good and so on, I just want to( for now) stick with the issue of the air in the fuel filter!
Yours
Geordie al x

Kris M
23-10-2013, 23:01
yes the see through filters look like this with the engine / pump running....Id bin it and replace with a metal canister filter as per the ph2. Especially with a track car, I don't like the idea of a brittle plastic fuel filter under the car :)

You could always T a fuel pressure / boost gauge into your fuel line at the carb to check your fuel pressure when running, shold be at least 4psi fuel pressure above your boost pressure :agree:

123-gtt
24-10-2013, 06:33
yes the see through filters look like this with the engine / pump running....Id bin it and replace with a metal canister filter as per the ph2. Especially with a track car, I don't like the idea of a brittle plastic fuel filter under the car :)

You could always T a fuel pressure / boost gauge into your fuel line at the carb to check your fuel pressure when running, shold be at least 4psi fuel pressure above your boost pressure :agree:

Cheers chris, that was my next step mate! Just wanted to make sure everything was sound with that filter! Let the fun begin

Kris M
24-10-2013, 09:25
Youl have to modify the filter bracket to accept a larger dia filter :)

Matt Cole
24-10-2013, 21:51
What cam are you running Al? Does it lean out all the time or intermittently?