PDA

View Full Version : Water temp light

mk5gtt
17-10-2013, 19:53
Hi does anybody know what the temp is when the red light comes on?as ive fit a new digital dash and need to put an alarm on for when it hits that temp. Thanks

Trevhib
19-10-2013, 11:07
Good question!

It's a pressurised system so can theoretically go past 100deg (IIRC) but not sure at what temp the light comes on. I think OE stat is 85-87deg so the light will certainly be a distance above 90deg.

Maybe see what the highest temp you can achieve is on your new digi gauge before and after the fan kicking in and/or on a sustained high power run, then set the alarm around that level (or add a deg or so). That way you're notified of anything untoward asap.

Alastair
19-10-2013, 14:35
Good question!

It's pressurised system so can theoretically go past 100deg (IIRC) but not sure at what temp the light comes on. I think OE stat is 85-87deg so the light will certainly be above 90deg.

Maybe see what the highest temp is on your new digi gauge before and after the fan kicking in and/or on a sustained high power run, then set the alarm around that level (or add a deg or so). That way you're notified of anything untoward asap.

When rallying I often hit 110 degrees, light not on but needle goes almost to the top warning line on or gauge, never gets higher than 110 though no matter what I do!