PDA

View Full Version : How to fix poly carb windows ?

Leigh
07-01-2009, 14:53
I bought a set of poly carb windows from Plastics for Performace months ago and now getting round to fit them. Does anyone know of a way to fit them ? The rears are fine ive got non opening rubbers so thats easy enough, but the fronts ive taken all the central locking and electric window gubbens out :cry: so will i have to refit the window runner bits to hold the window in place ?

Leigh :D

RAGOONEY
07-01-2009, 15:27
Hiya mate I fitted the same poly carb windows front and rear to my white 5 (see profile pics) from PFP. I thought the same thing how would they stay in place...I did the same take out the electric window motor etc. If you ask PFP they can send you a tube of window sealant. All I did was with the window out put the sealant in the top of the door, where the window would sit when closed. (be generous wit hit)! Then slide the window in and push into place, this will dry and easily hold the window in place stopping it falling down.

Then from the outside run some of the sealant along the bottom of the window and down the sides. Smooth this out using your finger to create a good outside seal. When dry it gives a water tight finish which is pliable not rock hard.

Of course the windows cannot be moved up or down after this, so I got the slider kit too for some air!!

Leigh
07-01-2009, 15:31
:cool2: Spot on thanks, thats how i thought about doing it but would rather someone who had done it confirm. Yeah ive bought the slider kit aswell not big enough for me big mac to pass through though :cry: