PDA

View Full Version : Arm gauge?

R5gttDJ
09-10-2013, 10:18
I have my downpipe in with the bung for the lambda sensor, I have to wire it up now,
How did you guys go about it did you have to remove the dash to reach the wires to do so and where in the bulkhead did you's feed it through

Thanks

Deano
09-10-2013, 12:57
I fitted mine recently,

I went through the bulkhead next to the heater fan, large oval grommet, popped the wire through there and fed as much through as possible,

remove the fuse box cover ( 2 torx screws in the bottom ) and the wire 'should' be popping down the back of your fuse box,

now dependant on where youre putting the gauge ( mine was in place of the clock ) you'll obviously have to route it to where your gauge is going, you will be able to do this without removing the dash , just get right under there with your head and feed it through.
Mine was easy, remove the ash tray ( 2 torx in the bottom once you open it ) , feed wire up following the wiring loom , and i used the power from the cigarette lighter for the live feed to the gauge :)

R5gttDJ
09-10-2013, 13:50
Great cheers

Alex
09-10-2013, 18:20
I just drilled a hole in the bulkhead next to the washer bottle and fed the wires through. Either tap into a switched live near the ignition or use an AEI switched live. no need to remove the dash at all. :)

R5gttDJ
09-10-2013, 22:15
Can you use a live wire that goes to another appliance and power both out the one live wire?

Cheers