PDA

View Full Version : Renault 5 Gt Turbo Seat Bolster Left Side Gtt Front

christophersykes1
01-10-2013, 01:26
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Renault 5 GT Turbo seat bolster

RIGHT SIDE FOAM: As sat in seat:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121186225319?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

LEFT SIDE FOAM:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121186225319?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

This item is a direct replacement for the fragile original foams supplied by Renault in the front seat for MK1 and MK2 GT turbo's.

The foams are made from high quality, high density foam. By adding these foams to your vehicle you will make a huge improvement in both the appearance and the comfort of the seat for both passenger and driver.

The item is very easy to fit using basic tools and a little of your time.

I have sold thousands of these items worldwide.

If you would like to buy multiple items please contact me by email: christophersykes1@gmail.com and we can arrange a price. Mention you are an RTOC member to receive a discount.

Thanks
Chris

Fitting instructions:
1. Remove seat 4 bolts hex key.
2. Remove bolster seat fabric cover by bending open small wire ring clips with pliers.
3. Remove old foam replace with new.
4. Replace seat fabric cover with wire ring clips. (can be helpful to have a friend help at this point to crimp the wire while you hold the fabric for a snug fit)
5. Refit seat. Enjoy your now comfortable seat.

30 mins per seat needs very basic skills.

VALE46
01-10-2013, 20:56
How much would you sell me all 4 ie left/right for both front seats?

Thanks, John.

Mr Raider
02-10-2013, 12:41
Possible bulk group buy... ;) ????

Turbopeck
02-10-2013, 12:47
I bought a pair of these on eBay, took about a week to arrive but they look pretty good, not fitted yet tho,

Hammer
02-10-2013, 13:10
I would also be interested in buying 4 in total. Be interested in a group buy price :agree:

christophersykes1
02-10-2013, 13:38

How much would you sell me all 4 ie left/right for both front seats?

Thanks, John.

Hi John,
I sell to RTOC members 2 left and 2 right with postage to UK destinations for £50.
Thanks please email me christophersykes1@gmail.com to complete sale.
Paypal is preferred payment method.
Thanks

christophersykes1
02-10-2013, 13:42

Possible bulk group buy... ;) ????

Hi,
Email me, lets talk.
Thanks
Chris

christophersykes1
02-10-2013, 13:44

I bought a pair of these on eBay, took about a week to arrive but they look pretty good, not fitted yet tho,

Be happy to here your thoughts when they are fitted. Positives, observations and suggestions welcome.
Thanks

christophersykes1
02-10-2013, 13:46

I would also be interested in buying 4 in total. Be interested in a group buy price :agree:

Hi
I sell to RTOC members 2 left and 2 right with postage to UK destinations for £50.
Paypal is preferred payment method.
Please email me christophersykes1@gmail.com to discuss.
Thanks

LiamR
02-10-2013, 17:41
Def group buy!!!

Id be up for 4 of these too.....:agree:

Can you give us prices for if we bought say 20-30-40 etc??

christophersykes1
03-10-2013, 03:48

Def group buy!!!

Id be up for 4 of these too.....:agree:

Can you give us prices for if we bought say 20-30-40 etc??

Hi

If you let me know how many you want I will work out a price for you including postage. How many left and right.
A bulk purchase may be expensive if postage is outside of UK.
Email me christophersykes1@gmail.com to discuss further thanks as I do not get notifications when I recieve a message on RTOC

Thanks
Chris

LeeR5GTT
03-10-2013, 07:17
From my experience, these are not a direct fit. I found my set to be far too large. I think member "top cat" had the same prob

TopCat
03-10-2013, 07:36
From my experience, these are not a direct fit. I found my set to be far too large. I think member "top cat" had the same prob

Yep Lee you're right mate. Had the same problem. Way too big. (Story of my life...)

My trimmer shaved them down and reinforced them with leather so they don't collapse.

Better to be have them too big, but if they are the same ones that cgb have been selling then they do require a bit of fettling down. :agree:

christophersykes1
03-10-2013, 10:33

Hi there was a "bad" batch released previously and these were removed from the market. I can guarantee the product I am current selling will fit all Renault 5 GTTurbo standard seats excluding the special edition models e.g. Gordini with different seat types.

Thanks for your input as I am always looking to improve the product, service and distribution of the my products.

christophersykes1
03-10-2013, 10:42

Yep Lee you're right mate. Had the same problem. Way too big. (Story of my life...)

My trimmer shaved them down and reinforced them with leather so they don't collapse.

Better to be have them too big, but if they are the same ones that cgb have been selling then they do require a bit of fettling down. :agree:

Hi,
Sorry to hear that the foams you received were slightly too big.

The product has now been rechecked for size and due to a manufacturing error/ the foam used in that batch was oversized and made of foam type less suited for purpose.

This batch has been destroyed and I can confirm that the product I am selling is the correct size to fill firm and rejuvenate the seats in your R5.

Im interested in your observations as I aim to provide people with a high quality product and service.

TopCat
03-10-2013, 10:46

Hi,

The product has now been rechecked for size and due to a manufacturing error/ the foam used in that batch was oversized and made of foam type less suited for purpose.

This batch has been destroyed and I can confirm that the product I am selling is the correct size to fill firm and rejuvenate the seats in your R5.

Im interested in your observations as I aim to provide people with a high quality product and service.

The quality isn't a issue at all mate (they were just too big)my bolsters are awesome though. Glad the sizes are spot on now :agree: I imagine you'll have plenty of interest on here fella :)

Mr Raider
03-10-2013, 12:51
Great deal, am interested in a set of these delivered for £50 as from memory mine aint in great shape. :)

Gtturbo
03-10-2013, 14:07

Hi,

I had exactly the same issue with one I bought from you 6 months on eBay and you were absolutely adamant there was nothing wrong with them, I am glad you have now sorted the issue as I was a little concerned you were selling on them on here :)

Could even be tempted in buying a set ;)

phase i 16 v turbo
03-10-2013, 14:28
How long ago was this new batch produced?

Rob_p6 pug
03-10-2013, 19:07
I need two really depending on price.

christophersykes1
04-10-2013, 07:43

Great deal, am interested in a set of these delivered for £50 as from memory mine aint in great shape. :)

No problem my email is christophersykes1@gmail.com you can send me a paypal payment to that address and just add a comment on the payment of how many left and how many right and your postal address unless its different from that on your paypal.
Alternatively send me your email address and i'll fire over a payment request.

Thanks
Chris

christophersykes1
04-10-2013, 07:44
The quality isn't a issue at all mate (they were just too big)my bolsters are awesome though. Glad the sizes are spot on now :agree: I imagine you'll have plenty of interest on here fella :)

Thanks alot good to hear :)

christophersykes1
04-10-2013, 07:52
I had exactly the same issue with one I bought from you 6 months on eBay and you were absolutely adamant there was nothing wrong with them, I am glad you have now sorted the issue as I was a little concerned you were selling on them on here :)

Could even be tempted in buying a set ;)

Ye sorry about that I thought that they were the right size I not a con man and would't sell the product knowing it was too big. I received a couple of emails and started to wonder then i checked this batch against the template and they had been made slightly larger than the previous.

If your interested I can do you a discount due to the previous ones being slightly oversized.

Send me an email and we can discuss. christophersykes1@gmail.com

Thanks

christophersykes1
04-10-2013, 07:54
How long ago was this new batch produced?

Hi they were made a couple of months ago now

Thanks

christophersykes1
04-10-2013, 07:55

Hi ye no problem email me how many left and right and your location and ill send you a price over.

christophersykes1@gmail.com

Thanks
Chris

phase i 16 v turbo
04-10-2013, 08:16
Interesting!

Mr Raider
04-10-2013, 12:43

No problem my email is christophersykes1@gmail.com you can send me a paypal payment to that address and just add a comment on the payment of how many left and how many right and your postal address unless its different from that on your paypal.
Alternatively send me your email address and i'll fire over a payment request.

Thanks
Chris

Ok, thanks. Have you got any pictures of them? cheers:)

christophersykes1
05-10-2013, 07:46
Ok, thanks. Have you got any pictures of them? cheers:)

There is a picture of them on ebay. Ill post the link below unfortunately I dont have a picture of them fitted :crap:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121186225319?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

christophersykes1
05-10-2013, 12:38
Interesting!

Let me know if your interested :)

Christophersykes1@gmail.com

Mr Raider
10-10-2013, 15:47
Am interested mate,will check seats over weekend and e-mail you cheers :)

christophersykes1
11-10-2013, 08:02
Am interested mate,will check seats over weekend and e-mail you cheers :)

Ok look forward to hearing from you

Mr Raider
13-10-2013, 21:50
Hi mate,

Right I need a set of bolsters for my front seats, 2 left and 2 right. £50 delivered?

Cheers :)

christophersykes1
14-10-2013, 12:06
Hi mate,

Right I need a set of bolsters for my front seats, 2 left and 2 right. £50 delivered?

Cheers :)

Hi,

Im away until the end of october.
If you want send me your email and will save it and send you a paypal payment request and ill let you know when I can get them posted off to you.
Let me know how you want to do it
Thanks

Mr Raider
14-10-2013, 12:13
PM sent :)

christophersykes1
16-10-2013, 07:37

Hi no problem im offering 4 for £50 with postage. Send me your email and I will send a paypal payment request to you.
Thanks
Chris

christophersykes1
16-10-2013, 07:49

Hi Rob,
I can offer 2 bolsters and postage to UK address for £30
Thanks
Chris

phase i 16 v turbo
16-10-2013, 09:03
Hi Chris, if they are the wrong size will you change them?

Thanks Mike

Gtturbo
16-10-2013, 12:16
Could we have a photo of the new bolsters against the originals, or a photo of one showing dimensions, against a ruler or something.

Sorry to be a pain, once bitten twice shy mate, and your photo in post 28 is the same photo when I bought mine and didn't fit :(

LiamR
16-10-2013, 17:41
I do want to buy 4 of these, but as mentioned I'd like to see a pic of them fitted and also one of how they compare to originals.

Surely someone has fitted theirs or the vendor has pics?

As mentioned- on the face of it, these look like the oversized ones :(

Junglist
16-10-2013, 18:03
I bought one from Mike. It was too big by far and needed to be trimmed and shaped alot and still it's not right .
Would be great if they were pre cut to the correct size and shape. :cool:

christophersykes1
17-10-2013, 08:36
Hi Chris, if they are the wrong size will you change them?

Thanks Mike

Hi Mike, I can guarantee you will be happy with the sizing of the foams, but if they are the wrong size then I will refund you.
Thanks Chris

christophersykes1
17-10-2013, 08:41
Could we have a photo of the new bolsters against the originals, or a photo of one showing dimensions, against a ruler or something.

Sorry to be a pain, once bitten twice shy mate, and your photo in post 28 is the same photo when I bought mine and didn't fit :(

Hi Im not in country at the moment so this is going to be a bit difficult but I can sort something out soon. As I said previously on the post there were a bad batch of these cut these have been cut and new batches cut at the correct size.

I guarantee you will be happy with the bolsters and to back this up I offer you a returns policy and I will refund the cost of the item if you are not happy with them.

Thanks
Chris

christophersykes1
17-10-2013, 08:49
I do want to buy 4 of these, but as mentioned I'd like to see a pic of them fitted and also one of how they compare to originals.

Surely someone has fitted theirs or the vendor has pics?

As mentioned- on the face of it, these look like the oversized ones :(

Hi unfortunately im not in the country at the moment so its going to be difficult to get the pictures you've requested plus I don't have an original foam :crap:

If anyone has a fitted picture it would be good to see.

Like I said im offering 4 with postage for £50 and will refund the cost of the items if they you are not happy with them.

Thanks

christophersykes1
17-10-2013, 08:50
I bought one from Mike. It was too big by far and needed to be trimmed and shaped alot and still it's not right .
Would be great if they were pre cut to the correct size and shape. :cool:

Hi,

Who is Mike?

Slammed 66
17-10-2013, 09:04
Hi,

Who is Mike?

Phase i 16 v turbo who you responded to around 3 posts ago

phase i 16 v turbo
17-10-2013, 09:39
Hi Mike, I can guarantee you will be happy with the sizing of the foams, but if they are the wrong size then I will refund you.
Thanks Chris

Thanks for your reply. I will need the large order I placed with you and have received replacing please as the sizes are incorrect.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Mike

Gtturbo
17-10-2013, 10:42
^^^^ not good.

christophersykes1
18-10-2013, 07:01
Thanks for your reply. I will need the large order I placed with you and have received replacing please as the sizes are incorrect.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Mike

Hi Mike if they are wrong then I will replace them for you.
When did you purchase these foams?
How many foams do you have to exchange?

phase i 16 v turbo
18-10-2013, 08:39
Hi Mike if they are wrong then I will replace them for you.
When did you purchase these foams?
How many foams do you have to exchange?

Many thanks, do you have a genuine new Renault one to cut them from as the sizes is incorrect and the shaping. Hard to explain I will try and get a few pictures as I have the genuine Renault ones as well.

Thanks Mike

christophersykes1
21-10-2013, 07:48
Many thanks, do you have a genuine new Renault one to cut them from as the sizes is incorrect and the shaping. Hard to explain I will try and get a few pictures as I have the genuine Renault ones as well.

Thanks Mike

Hi Mike no I dont have the original renault bolster anymore. A few pictures would be helpful to clarify. The product im selling is not pretending to be an exact replica of the original renault bolster.

Penfold aka The Dealer
21-10-2013, 07:54
Hi Mike no I dont have the original renault bolster anymore. A few pictures would be helpful to clarify. The product im selling is not pretending to be an exact replica of the original renault bolster.

So basically your saying like most replica/pattern parts some adjustments maybe required to make a perfect fit....

End of the day people you buy cheaper parts expect it don't be be perfect, if you want that pay silly money at Renault (if there available)

Trevhib
21-10-2013, 10:12
Sorry but cheaper doesn't necessarily have to result in not as good, or not fit for purpose. Whatever happens, adverts need to inform the customer of what the reality is. The requirement for adjustments was not in the advert. What was in the advert:

"direct replacement for the original foams" and "very easy to fit".

If these things are not true then buyers have a reason to question. You can't advertise things that aren't accurate and then afterwards tell buyers to suck it up because the item was cheaper than the original.

It would appear that Chris is sorting out this situation that has been caused by a bad batch (and we may even see improvements to the product as a result), so maybe best not to muddy waters by suggesting those people who have a legitimate complaint don't have the grounds. Lest this turn into more RTOC gold.

Penfold aka The Dealer
21-10-2013, 10:46
Sorry but cheaper doesn't necessarily have to result in not as good, or not fit for purpose. Whatever happens, adverts need to inform the customer of what the reality is. The requirement for adjustments was not in the advert. What was in the advert:

If these things are not true then buyers have a reason to question. You can't advertise things that aren't accurate and then afterwards tell buyers to suck it up because the item was cheaper than the original.

It would appear that Chris is sorting out this situation that has been caused by a bad batch (and we may even see improvements to the product as a result), so maybe best not to muddy waters by suggesting those people who have a legitimate complaint don't have the grounds. Lest this turn into more RTOC gold.

Trev don't get me wrong it I hope these have been sorted.

I have been contacted since my previous comment by 2 members about how poor the 1st batch where....

Who knows they may have seen sorted for the 2nd batch, for me tho it's a case of buyer beware!!

Trevhib
21-10-2013, 11:08
So you're saying there are people lining up who have been dissatisfied with this product and you've told them all they should have been more careful when buying, even though what turned up was not in line with the advert, and having gone ahead and bought, should now suck it up because they were cheaper than the originals? I shan't be buying anything from you any time soon :laugh:

Penfold aka The Dealer
21-10-2013, 11:12
So you're saying there are people lining up who have been dissatisfied with this product and you've told them all they should have been more careful in buying, even though the advert may have been misleading, and then having gone ahead and bought, should now suck it up because they were cheaper than the originals? I shan't be buying anything from you any time soon :laugh:

Not at all trev, I am mearly pointing out that the issues with the original bolsters have been pointed out many many times on the forum....

I wouldn't want any group buys for these new ones until a trusted member has got them, fitted them and approaved them

All those who had brought previous ones should have complained/raised the issue with the seller when they realised there were issues.

Not months/years down the line... The seller may have been unaware there was such a problem with them....

Trevhib
21-10-2013, 11:40
I agree totally regarding a potential club-backed group buy. If the sizing is corrected the product should be tested first. :agree:

I had one of these years ago too. It looked exactly like the ones being sold today but I have no idea if it is indeed the same product or whether it's from the same seller. And so my iffy experience has to be discounted.

What I do know is that the construction of the original bolsters is totally different. It includes internal webbing and they are moulded in one-piece fashion. That's not to say these alternatives aren't useful at the advertised price. I think they are. As long as they at least fit well and are advertised properly.

christophersykes1
22-10-2013, 09:35
So basically your saying like most replica/pattern parts some adjustments maybe required to make a perfect fit....

End of the day people you buy cheaper parts expect it don't be be perfect, if you want that pay silly money at Renault (if there available)

Ill respond to each post individually.

There may be a small amount of adjustment and to clarify they are a foam reproduction of a die injected renault version which is a made of a entirely different material and through a different process. This is an alternative at a cheaper price which attains similar if not same end result.

christophersykes1
22-10-2013, 09:56

Hi,
Im going to respond to each post as to best polish out issues raised with the aim to resolve and then react towards making the product the best it possibly can be for the end user. As I am responding point by point it may sound as though it is a defence post but I am grateful of criticism and praise and improvement ideas but I must be clear with my view point on the points raised.

Let's clarify one thing I am not claiming to be producing Official Renault parts and do not have by any means the production facilities Renault has but my product aims to provide a cheaper alternative than buying an overpriced replacement part direct from renault.

With all good will in the world you cannot satisfy everyone and an internet page is much like a text message it is written by one and read and interpreted by others. I am not trying to mislead buyers of my product I advertise the product as it is supposed to be used and what result it will obtain.

I find that saying the product is "not fit for purpose" is an unjust comment and admittedly there was a bad batch produced but people responded when they received these items and a refund was issued if they so desired.

Based on the product being a correct cut the item were a direct replacement for the original and were then and still are easy to fit.

I feel the advertisement is accurate and does describe to the buyer what they will be receiving one thing omitted that will change as of the next advertisement is the fact that "some slight modification maybe needed to obtain a perfect for for your vehicle". I have always been fair with people who have bought bolsters and have replaced and refunded them as and when required and haven't told people to "suck it up" which again I feel is an unjust comment.

Thanks for your input
Chris

christophersykes1
22-10-2013, 10:05
Trev don't get me wrong it I hope these have been sorted.

I have been contacted since my previous comment by 2 members about how poor the 1st batch where....

Who knows they may have seen sorted for the 2nd batch, for me tho it's a case of buyer beware!!

Hi,

These bolsters have been received by many Renault owners in the vast majority they have been happy and have been repeat customers or recommended them to fellow renault 5 owners.

A company such as Renault them selves in time will have had a recall of their motor vehicles which your life depends on in an emergency and which shows from time to time there are faults in the manufacturing stage of any production. It so happens I presumed we everything was fine with these items and continued to distribute the bad batch as so we have unhappy customers which I refunded and offered replacements to at the time.

The last batch has been modified to ensure a better fit but it is a matter of perception as to the end users view on perfect fit and how much the fabric has stretched to ensure the foam fillers the bolster lining.

Thanks Chris

Thanks Chris

christophersykes1
22-10-2013, 10:10
Not at all trev, I am mearly pointing out that the issues with the original bolsters have been pointed out many many times on the forum....

I wouldn't want any group buys for these new ones until a trusted member has got them, fitted them and approaved them

All those who had brought previous ones should have complained/raised the issue with the seller when they realised there were issues.

Not months/years down the line... The seller may have been unaware there was such a problem with them....

Hi

I always have been fair with people buying bolsters and have offered replacements and refunds as requested. However as stated I am not opening the flood gates for refunds and returns on every bolster sale I have made. If an issue is raised within 14 days of purchase as stated on my ebay returns policy then the item will be refunded or replaced.

christophersykes1
22-10-2013, 10:21
I agree totally regarding a potential club-backed group buy. If the sizing is corrected the product should be tested first. :agree:

I had one of these years ago too. It looked exactly like the ones being sold today but I have no idea if it is indeed the same product or whether it's from the same seller. And so my iffy experience has to be discounted.

What I do know is that the construction of the original bolsters is totally different. It includes internal webbing and they are moulded in one-piece fashion. That's not to say these alternatives aren't useful at the advertised price. I think they are. As long as they at least fit well and are advertised properly.

Hi,

I am completely negotiable on this and welcome a group buy.

I am not claiming to construct the product in the way in which Renault does. I feel bolsters i sell obtain the end result as the same as the renault product.

This has been an insightful look from the users point of view and as said early I welcome our thoughts in the aim to constantly improve the bolsters for the end user.

I hope I have sounded defensive but to go straight to the point and respond on the comments you have made without waffling I had to respond with my point of view to be as direct as possible.

I am not claiming my product to be perfect but I feel it is a very good reproduction of the bolsters and fills the needs of the end user just the same as the renault product.

Pffffftt my eyes and fingers are sore after that :)

Thanks again for your input
Chris

Trevhib
22-10-2013, 10:43
Well done Chris.

I think you misunderstood some of the things that I was saying, who I was saying it to and in relation to what specifically but that's ok.

I think it's great to have a viable and affordable alternative to the OE bolsters available, so good on you. I do hope you continue to deal with feedback in the same way and indeed improve the product.

Lastly, I hope that you are sorting Mike out. :agree:

Dave Reed
22-10-2013, 11:25
So in short Chris.. Send out a free pair of bolsters to say Mike Or any member willing to give it ago, let him/her fit and come back on here with feedback :D

LiamR
22-10-2013, 12:29
So in short Chris.. Send out a free pair of bolsters to say Mike Or any member willing to give it ago, let him/her fit and come back on here with feedback :D

As above. If the response is positive, I will definitely buy some. :agree:

christophersykes1
22-10-2013, 13:48
Well done Chris.

I think you misunderstood some of the things that I was saying, who I was saying it to and in relation to what specifically but that's ok.

I think it's great to have a viable and affordable alternative to the OE bolsters available, so good on you. I do hope you continue to deal with feedback in the same way and indeed improve the product.

Lastly, I hope that you are sorting Mike out. :agree:

Ye didn't mean to sound shirty like it said it may come across a bit like that because i was trying to address peoples points one by one.

No worries things are being sorted out as we speak :)

christophersykes1
22-10-2013, 14:03

The wheels are in motion :)

christophersykes1
22-10-2013, 14:04
As above. If the response is positive, I will definitely buy some. :agree:

Wheels are in motion :)

christophersykes1
22-10-2013, 22:34
Interesting!

Hi Mike i think your message bank is full.

phase i 16 v turbo
11-11-2013, 09:03
Hi Mike i think your message bank is full.

Made free space a while ago. :agree:

phase i 16 v turbo
11-11-2013, 09:08

Here is a picture to show that they need alot of trimming. If you can make the replacement one smaller please and get them sent out that would be great :agree:

Thanks Mike

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152044978879252&set=pcb.10152007030354310&type=1&theater

Turbopeck
11-11-2013, 10:05
Here is a picture to show that they need alot of trimming. If you can make the replacement one smaller please and get them sent out that would be great :agree:

Thanks Mike

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152044978879252&set=pcb.10152007030354310&type=1&theater

Yeah mike that's my pic, I was going to post here when I was on pc, there way to big, I cut mine down and to be honest made a right arse, I guess they do the job, but there cheap for a reason,

phase i 16 v turbo
11-11-2013, 10:50
My pictures didn't come out very well as I didn't want to open a new packet to much reflection. Yours show all the areas that need trimming. Nice 1:agree:

phase i 16 v turbo
15-11-2013, 09:00
Any news on these as I am keen to get mine sent back and have the smaller replacements.

Thanks Mike

phase i 16 v turbo
27-11-2013, 11:50
Any news on these as I am keen to get mine sent back and have the smaller replacements.

Thanks Mike

Still waiting

Mr Raider
27-11-2013, 12:20
Sent my 4 bolsters back over 2 weeks ago as they were too big, waiting to hear...

Gtturbo
27-11-2013, 14:03
I feared this would happen :(

Hammer
27-11-2013, 14:28
Shame, I really need 4 of these but I definitely would need them to fit as I'd just mess up any trimming :sad2:

Trevhib
27-11-2013, 14:46
What a feckin' joke. :dearme:

"No worries things are being sorted out as we speak." You mean your one way trip to Acapulco? :rolleyes:

Slammed 66
27-11-2013, 14:56
anyone tried contacting him through his ebay advert if he still has one running?

Gtturbo
27-11-2013, 15:12
anyone tried contacting him through his ebay advert if he still has one running?

I did this when I originally bought one from him on eBay over 6 months ago, I told him they didn't fit and would need a refund, I am normally a very calm person but this person did test my patience some what and I also refrained myself when given him his feedback.

phase i 16 v turbo
03-12-2013, 10:01
Any news on these returns?

Bigfoot
03-12-2013, 10:05
Hasn't logged in for nearly 1 month now.

Mr Raider
09-12-2013, 21:33
Really need to know whats happening, not received my replacement bolsters for the first lot I was sent or my money :sad2:

phase i 16 v turbo
10-12-2013, 08:34
He's not replying on ebay either. Not good :crap:

Bigfoot
10-12-2013, 09:51
I am sure when these first come out even on the last forum, everyone was saying these was a bad fit and you had to really stretch the material to even the point of nearly tearing it. I don't know if the design has changed and doubt it ever will, as I think this has been discussed many of times before, that's why I got mine made up myself rather than buying these. I could be wrong though.

phase i 16 v turbo
10-12-2013, 10:01
I have it in writing confirming that these were the new batch and a correct fit but not true :crap:

Dave Reed
12-12-2013, 00:39
Xmas at Chris's this year, I hear he's got the biggest turkey in england :D:wasntme:

Mr Raider
12-12-2013, 12:13
Xmas at Chris's this year, I hear he's got the biggest turkey in england :D:wasntme:

Lol

so...what are we going to do, has anyone else not received their money back or bolsters that are either incorrect or correct? :rolleyes:

Guybrush
12-12-2013, 12:44
Lol

so...what are we going to do, has anyone else not received their money back or bolsters that are either incorrect or correct? :rolleyes:

ebay refund?
small claims court?

put up a post saying not to buy from him?

Mr Raider
16-12-2013, 12:37
Well he has my money, is it just me that he owes? I sent bolsters back as huge, I have a number so going to make a call to try and get this resolved :dearme:

Mr Raider
01-01-2014, 21:08
Ive got my money back, he did e-mail me however took me a couple of weeks to reply with tracking number for returned bolsters as I dont use that e-mail account regularly :ashamed:

evogill
01-01-2014, 21:27
First post!

Ive got my money back, he did e-mail me however took me a couple of weeks to reply with tracking number for returned bolsters as I dont use that e-mail account regularly :ashamed:
i bought a full set few months ago, took a few weeks to come. I had a good bolster out of my chair as a template. chopped around 15-20 mm off alway around front edge. swine to get in, 15 mins preside to fit. they feel good solid and didn't disintragrate, thort £50 for 4 posted was good.... just need a good electic carvin knife!!!!!

Va Va Voom
06-01-2014, 22:59
First post!

I've just found this thread about these bolsters and this is my first post.
I needed all 4 bolsters over the summer and was advised by a good member from the West Midlands that they were cheaper than others from somewhere else you may know but were really not nearly so good.
Of course I bought the cheaper ones from this guy who was oh so oh so interested in my quick payment, albeit for a quick delivery.
I did not fit them until November assuming the fairly extensive 'Fit for Purpose' description was true ie 'direct easy swap for R5GTT'.
Well they may have been made for a Trabant but I normally expect this if I'm involved.
They needed carving not 2 but 3 dimensionally to achieve a almost perfect fit. Fortunately I had the somewhat squashed originals to help but each one took about 2 hours of time, real mess of foam bits, trying to fit the cover then trying to fit to the seat metal. What a complete FU. The cutting is difficult and imprecise and easy to ruin a bolster.
Plus I could make the same from foam and glue off the local market. They won't last long either. You also have to cut them internally to get them to fit the metal of the seat, and at the correct angle. Real 3D adjustment needed.
Either buy the more expensive, apparently stronger alternative or better still get a good original, impression it and make an exact stronger material replacement but do not buy these please.
Talking of making your own exact copies; Does anyone have a GTT2 front grill to sell or for me to borrow to try this out for the benefit of all?
Ian

Va Va Voom
06-01-2014, 23:01

I've just found this thread about these bolsters and this is my first post.
I needed all 4 bolsters over the summer and was advised by a good member from the West Midlands that they were cheaper than others from somewhere else you may know but were really not nearly so good.
Of course I bought the cheaper ones from this guy who was oh so oh so interested in my quick payment, albeit for a quick delivery.
I did not fit them until November assuming the fairly extensive 'Fit for Purpose' description was true ie 'direct easy swap for R5GTT'.
Well they may have been made for a Trabant but I normally expect this if I'm involved.
They needed carving not 2 but 3 dimensionally to achieve a almost perfect fit. Fortunately I had the somewhat squashed originals to help but each one took about 2 hours of time, real mess of foam bits, trying to fit the cover then trying to fit to the seat metal. What a complete FU. The cutting is difficult and imprecise and easy to ruin a bolster.
Plus I could make the same from foam and glue off the local market. They won't last long either. You also have to cut them internally to get them to fit the metal of the seat, and at the correct angle. Real 3D adjustment needed.
Either buy the more expensive, apparently stronger alternative or better still get a good original, impression it and make an exact stronger material replacement but do not buy these please.
Talking of making your own exact copies; Does anyone have a GTT2 front grill to sell or for me to borrow to try this out for the benefit of all?
Ian

TopCat
06-01-2014, 23:19

Does anyone have a GTT2 front grill to sell or for me to borrow to try this out for the benefit of all?
Ian

Hello there chap.

Welcome to the club. Sorry to hear your bad experience. I bought some & had no issues. Regards the grille I'm trying to source one to get copied too- no luck yet though :(

Va Va Voom
06-01-2014, 23:46

Hi Tomcat
glad yours fitted
mine look great (ish) now after all that work but that's life !
surely someone has one to borrow even?
How were you thinking of doing it?
Ian

TopCat
07-01-2014, 08:06

Hi Tomcat
glad yours fitted
mine look great (ish) now after all that work but that's life !
surely someone has one to borrow even?
How were you thinking of doing it?
Ian

Well I have a contact on the continent who develops body panels for cars, lorries etc. I've spoken to him and he thinks he can replicate these easily. Plus being that they would be manufactured outside the UK puts build pricing down considerably. I have used panels he has made previously and there is certainly no issues with their quality of workmanship. It would more than likely be either resin or fibreglass copies. As soon as I have a semi decent grille I can get them developed (funded through my company).

How were you thinking about doing it mate?

Mr Raider
07-01-2014, 12:26
I was told that I was sent the wrong ones as the guy was working away, mine were pink in colour, huge and never going to fit, wrong shape too so I sent them back. Decided to get a refund rather than try another set, seemed good for the money. I have seen the CGB ones for about £28 delivered so tempted to try these :coffee:

Va Va Voom
11-01-2014, 01:43

Well I have a contact on the continent who develops body panels for cars, lorries etc. I've spoken to him and he thinks he can replicate these easily. Plus being that they would be manufactured outside the UK puts build pricing down considerably. I have used panels he has made previously and there is certainly no issues with their quality of workmanship. It would more than likely be either resin or fibreglass copies. As soon as I have a semi decent grille I can get them developed (funded through my company).

How were you thinking about doing it mate?

I was just going to ring round and source some local company who might be able to make a one or two off. It might be they make other stuff and nothing to do with cars but could do it at the right price. There are a lot of small firms around to try or ask some people I know. Failing that I could probably make one myself quite easily with some time and thought but need an original to take accurate molds from.
Failing that use one of those 3D copiers you can make a plastic firing gun from !!! Albeit in about 10 individual sections. But your idea could be a money spinner !

Va Va Voom
11-01-2014, 01:51

I was told that I was sent the wrong ones as the guy was working away, mine were pink in colour, huge and never going to fit, wrong shape too so I sent them back. Decided to get a refund rather than try another set, seemed good for the money. I have seen the CGB ones for about £28 delivered so tempted to try these :coffee:

Hi Mr Raider!
Yes mine were the same pink colour but I couldn't be bothered to send them back and I had them sitting around for a couple of months so thought it a bit late for a refund. It was a real job.
The CGB one's were recommended as I said and apparently much tougher. Let us know but again as above post with a bit of ingenuity and injection moulding I'm sure you could make your own if you have a non shrunk/worn/battered/broken original !

Mr Raider
11-01-2014, 19:41
Send him an e-mail saying only just got round to fitting them and that they are far too big &want a refund! send signed for post then you'll have cash towards some that actually fit... ;)

Va Va Voom
11-01-2014, 20:01

well thet are fitted now and are OK so I'm not too bothered. i just wanted to give my experience to warn others!
Cheers