PDA

View Full Version : r5 turbo wings are they the same as a normal 5??

blue mackay
06-01-2009, 22:04
hi there guys im buying front wings online right now,are the turbo wings exactly the same as the standard 5 or are they different??
also quality wise will i be better paying extra going to renault if they still do them???

when i think about it there flimsy either way:confused:

Ashy
06-01-2009, 22:11
The standard wins don't have the mounting holes for the bodykit! Some dont have the side repeater holes either!

raj
06-01-2009, 22:11
dont buy aftermarket wings! they dont fit properly.

gtt wings are different to non turbo 5's as they have the holes for the arches pre drilled.

Scoff
06-01-2009, 22:15
dont buy aftermarket wings! they dont fit properly.

gtt wings are different to non turbo 5's as they have the holes for the arches pre drilled.

:agree: even new ones from renault now fit horribly, usually don't want to line up around the top of the wing-door gap, and around the windscreen scuttle. they sometimes also don't have holes for side repeaters. you can modify non-turbo wings easilly though, if you are handy with a grinder and a drill.

blue mackay
06-01-2009, 22:29
:agree: even new ones from renault now fit horribly, usually don't want to line up around the top of the wing-door gap, and around the windscreen scuttle. they sometimes also don't have holes for side repeaters. you can modify non-turbo wings easilly though, if you are handy with a grinder and a drill.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry::cry::cry::cry:
oh well usual,nothings straight forward lol
any1 have an idea what renault are looking for a new wing???
ill phone my parts man the morrow but just out of intrest???
cheers guys once again!!!!!

bye_all_c_ya
07-01-2009, 00:14
ive got some campus ones in very good condition if prefered , not the best picture but no rust! not even on the corner of doors, was a very clean campus :)
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g128/bye_all_c_ya/Picture024.jpg

DaveMayGTT
07-01-2009, 10:06

I replaced both wings on my car hoping for a perfect fit and condition and i never got it. I assumed it was something i had done wrong but after reading your post im at a loss of what to do next now. Alignment has to be the most difficult thing with these cars and really seperates a nice example from a mint car for me.

phase i 16 v turbo
07-01-2009, 16:16
Hi, If it is any use I was selling OEM Renault 5 GT Turbo wings at £80 a set, came with the holes pre drilled for the kit, but no side repeater holes, same as the old Pug 205 GTIs.