PDA

View Full Version : AEM Tru-Boost

markg
22-09-2013, 19:42
Does anyone have experience of the AEM Tru-Boost. Looking to get both afr and boost gauges in the next couple of weeks and wondered if the Tru-Boost was worth the extra cash over a standard gauge. I appreciate you can only really set fuelling correctly for one boost level but it would be nice to turn the boost down should I ever leave the car with a garage or the mrs drives it.

jesus in the seat of a 5
22-09-2013, 19:44
Will you be using it on carb or efi?????

markg
22-09-2013, 19:53
Hi Matt, will be using a carb. I was going to install a gt tuning boost controller but thought this may be neater.

Guybrush
22-09-2013, 20:00
I found that this Blitz boost contoller worked really well (and is a really nice fit into the dash-clocks sunvisor.
http://www.killersupra.com/productimages/t_17290.jpg

Danboi2
22-09-2013, 20:08
I got one of these installed cracking bit of kit it can save 2 pre set boost setting and can be changed at a few presses of the buttons. it also has an alarm feature if it goes over the set amount well worth it

TNT ANDY
22-09-2013, 20:26
I found that this Blitz boost contoller worked really well (and is a really nice fit into the dash-clocks sunvisor.
http://www.killersupra.com/productimages/t_17290.jpg

:agree::agree::agree:

That's my baby - very good unit.

Matt Cole
22-09-2013, 21:48
Assuming this was to be used with a carb, channel one could be high boost and the carb setup appropriately. Setting two low boost very rich afr's? :scratch:

Never understood adjustable boost kits working with carbs. The mf2 thing wasn't a bad piece of kit with the extra injectors. That makes more sense.

You would be better iff with two stage rev limit. Set the mrs to 4000rpm tops!;)

Danboi2
30-09-2013, 20:55
[quote=Matt Cole;348856]Assuming this was to be used with a carb, channel one could be high boost and the carb setup appropriately. Setting two low boost very rich afr's? :scratch:

Never understood adjustable boost kits working with carbs. The mf2 thing wasn't a bad piece of kit with the extra injectors. That makes more sense.

Could be used as a safety feature say if you took your car to a garage and didnt want them ragging it set the one boost to very low