PDA

View Full Version : Rear Wiper Park random

Bigfoot
22-09-2013, 10:58
Just trying to sort out my rear wiper on my car and it works fine, but it parks at random places on the rear window, I have changed the relay on the car plus checked the fuse for it. What else could be causing the problem? Thank you

royz
22-09-2013, 11:03
inside the motor is a contact plate could be crap on on of the copper strips.

Bigfoot
22-09-2013, 11:07
I will take the rear cover off and give it a good clean and see if that is any better :agree:

Bigfoot
22-09-2013, 13:40
Cleared up connectors, put power source straight too them wiper works fine. Part does not though as it parks too high. Worth swapping to new motor or can the park change position by doing something else?

Dave Reed
22-09-2013, 14:08
I think the park part is fed from a different fuse..

Bigfoot
22-09-2013, 14:50
I will take a look through all the fuses and see if they are all good. Had the front wiper park not working at all and that was a fuse. Would have thought it would be the relay switching over to park. Or could it be the switch itself not working properly?

Nick k
22-09-2013, 15:23
There is 3 wires from memory, 0v , 12v permanent for the park function and 12v signal to tell it to move in the first place.

However - i would check the loom where it goes through at the top of the boot for a broken wire ;)

Bigfoot
22-09-2013, 16:48
Will give that a check. What will cause the relay to click early though?

royz
22-09-2013, 20:20
as nic says all the relay dose is give the signal for the wiper to move once it moves there is a little set of contacts inside the body which tell the moter to stop. until it gets the next signal to move.

found this out when mine went. power was ok wires were ok. it wound me up that the relay was giving the click and the signal was there so striped it down to see what was going on. the seal had gone on mine so all the insides were a bit corroded.

Nick k
22-09-2013, 23:59
Will give that a check. What will cause the relay to click early though?

Click early?? What do you mean?? there is about 10 seconds between clicks from timer relay to tell the wiper motor to move, once its moved about 30 degree's the park function takes over and powers it the rest of the way back to its stop position. if its randomly parking all over the place them either the wiper park function in motor is fubar or you are losing the park +12v supply.

Bigfoot
23-09-2013, 07:03
Click early?? What do you mean?? there is about 10 seconds between clicks from timer relay to tell the wiper motor to move, once its moved about 30 degree's the park function takes over and powers it the rest of the way back to its stop position. if its randomly parking all over the place them either the wiper park function in motor is fubar or you are losing the park +12v supply.

When I put power to the motor on the park connectors it finishes about 10cm too high. The relay was clicking when the wiper was stopping wherever that was on the window. I will check cable from relay to motor and see what that is like when I get back from my holiday.

Russ B
23-09-2013, 09:20
It usually tends to be a broken wire when the rear doesn't park. Most probably in the rubber grommet where it exits the roof into the tailgate. Thats where I would be looking.:agree:

Bigfoot
23-09-2013, 09:31
It usually tends to be a broken wire when the rear doesn't park. Most probably in the rubber grommet where it exits the roof into the tailgate. Thats where I would be looking.:agree:

I will test the cable there from the plug behind the light

Cheers all for your help and will let you know how it goes when I get a chance to get to it.