PDA

View Full Version : Gap between wing and headlight?

bishy3000
20-09-2013, 18:07
Hi I'm looking to change my passenger wing soon as its got a vent in it that I don't like, putting it back to standard.
Another reason for changing the wing is because there is a noticeable gap between the light and the wing, it's big enough to fit your finger between them.
The drivers side is fine and everything lines up nice.
I originally thought the wing had been mis shaped when it was cut to fit the vent on it but I have since seen a couple of other 5's with the same gap between light and wing but they are standard wings and look untouched.
I was just wondering if this was a common thing or wether I should be looking for signs that it might have been crashed previously.

Goobie
20-09-2013, 18:24
Just loosen the trox screws along the top of the wing, push the front part by the headlight in and tighten up, DONE! :agree:

Brigsy
20-09-2013, 23:58
The panel gaps are never fantastic when the wings have been off. You might get it better with a bit of adjustment on the bolts as goobie said.

LiamR
21-09-2013, 01:54
After I removed mine I had to mess about for ages to get the gaps acceptable.

It's a bit of trial and error really as mentioned above.

TopCat
21-09-2013, 09:24
Have got all the nuts tight on your headlight? That'll do it too.

bishy3000
21-09-2013, 12:07
Cheers guys, exactly what I wanted to hear. The fact that they always need messing about with to get the gaps right.
Was a bit concerned it had been crashed.

andybond
21-09-2013, 20:49
I have a tool for this from Renault. Was only ever issued to dealerships.

Probably doesn't help you but I thought I would like to brag.

LiamR
21-09-2013, 22:49

What is it like?

mingblus3
21-09-2013, 23:46

Any pics of this tool?

Alastair
22-09-2013, 07:57
The wing is also bonded to the slam panel around the front area to form the inner wheel arch so when the torx screws are loosened you can't move them much, before you fit the new wing you can open out the holes for the torx bolts. You will probably need to remove all the seam sealer, get it fitting right, remove wing, add a bead of sealant and then re-fit...

Oh and if you are drilling new holes for side. Repeaters do it from the inside resting on some foam!!! Saves scratches and creasing the wing!

bishy3000
22-09-2013, 17:41
The wing is also bonded to the slam panel around the front area to form the inner wheel arch so when the torx screws are loosened you can't move them much, before you fit the new wing you can open out the holes for the torx bolts. You will probably need to remove all the seam sealer, get it fitting right, remove wing, add a bead of sealant and then re-fit...

Oh and if you are drilling new holes for side. Repeaters do it from the inside resting on some foam!!! Saves scratches and creasing the wing!

Thanks for the advice mate.

So what's this tool look like then...?
I can't even hazard a guess.