PDA

View Full Version : thinking of selling my convertable, need advice and what do you think its worth?

stu21t
02-09-2013, 23:22
as above im thinking of selling my convertable gtt.
ive owned it for more than 10yrs and spent a small fortune on it but havent used it for a very long time and have no plans on using it again so think it might be time to sell.
also having 3 toys is a bit excessive lol and would like to buy the missus a newer car.

just unsure and would like your opinions...

the car is an unfinished project, my options are sell it as it is or finish it to how i wanted to.

to get it finished to the spec i want will take a fair few quid and a lot of time, both of which i dont have.

i did plan on,
fitting a std bodykit,
respray
strip and refurb the whole engine bay,
general tidying up
and finish the interior (door cards need a retrim, new carpet, sort a better dash out)
i could do 90% myself and the rest would be done by mates

as it stands a brief run down of the major bits of the car are:
E reg gt turbo convertable, 1 of 13 made and only around 5 remaining.
as far as i am aware it is the ONLY one fitted with 4 electric windows and an electric roof!
it would come with 2 engines.
the one in the car is fairly std but fitted with exteranl mods, the other has been fully rebuilt with a P+P head, cam, vernier, new pistons and liners....... but i think it needs bearings
the car has, T25 turbo, front mount, red hoses, big exhaust and downpipe (sounds ****ing lovely especially at idle) ally stuff, new loom, loads more i cant think of off the top of my head.
the built engine made 199bhp and over 200lbs/ft on glens dyno and he set the car up (vernier, carb....)
its got new gaz coilovers,
285mm brakes,
new tyres,
skeete bodykit with std front bumper (will come with the skeete one too in the same colour) might have a std rear bumper somewhere too
21 turbo front seats, front and rear bench retrimmed in new black leather with red stitching and piping
front door cards have had door builds to house 2 6" speakers and tweeters each and retain the std pockets and arm rest/handle but need trimming
boot build for 2 12" subs and a floating amp
clarion tv dvd flip out head unit (cost £2k new)
braided brake lines,
new rear compensator

thats all the best bits of the car i can remember, bound to be more...

i would need to do some work to it to sell it as is such as welding to pass an mot, general tlc as its been neglected for a few years,

but it runs/drives fine

i would tax and mot it and do all the essential work to it but it will be a little tatty and need love.

how much would people say its worth as is and if i put a std bodykit back on? with and without the rest of the work done?

im not desperate to sell but it is the sensible thing to do so i wont sell for peanuts, ive spent well over £10k on it

let me know what you think......

stu21t
02-09-2013, 23:30
old pics but you get the idea

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/stu21t/r5.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/stu21t/media/r5.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/stu21t/mypics2063.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/stu21t/media/mypics2063.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/stu21t/pics045.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/stu21t/media/pics045.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/stu21t/pics042.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/stu21t/media/pics042.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/stu21t/pics049.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/stu21t/media/pics049.jpg.html)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/stu21t/cars054.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/stu21t/media/cars054.jpg.html)

GTphil
03-09-2013, 00:39
It's a tough one in my eyes, it's a very nice motor but won't appeal to everyone, I have a figure in mind for it's current value, do you? All finished as you say above with the good spec lump/turbo running 200hp with a full ticket hmmmmmmm:scratch:

Maybe 7k and you might get a few takers, I think 10k is asking a little to much but you never know;)

Also have to say I'm one of the ones it doesn't appeal to but can see the very desirable side of the car if your into cabs :agree:

TopCat
03-09-2013, 07:44
10K if it was complete and original.

I reckon you'd be looking about 6-7 K as a guesstimate. Can't really tell without looking.

Great looking car :)

Alastair
03-09-2013, 09:30
Fully done and OE, 6-7k current spec looks too 90s max power to achieve much.

From looking at it I would say it needs a full respray and OE body kit with decals - 2k
Welding and not etc takes risk too on the price....

Love the EBS ones though! Do you have all the paperwork for it too?

Trevhib
03-09-2013, 09:36
So subjective and very difficult without seeing the car in the flesh. My thoughts FWIW:

As is - up to £3k
With all the suggested MOT work done (but still requiring love as you say) - circa £4k
Fully loved up, sprayed, with standard kit etc etc etc - £6-7k depending

If you are thinking of selling it, I'd just let it go as is. The time, effort and money required to get it up to the next levels is unlikely to be covered off by the increase in the sale value.

EDIT - jinx Alistair :D

Alastair
03-09-2013, 09:44
So subjective and very difficult without seeing the car in the flesh. My thoughts FWIW:

As is - up to £3k
With all the suggested MOT work done (but still requiring love as you say) - circa £4k

If you are thinking of selling it, I'd just let it go as is. The time, effort and money required to get it up to the next levels is unlikely to be covered off by the increase in the sale value.

Great minds Trev! Lol!

Fully agree with the above, if I had the dosh I'd make an offer but can't at the mo, divorce dragging...........

Trevhib
03-09-2013, 09:53
:( :agree:

stu21t
03-09-2013, 10:01
I didnt want to say what figures I had incase i was miles out.

My thoughts were.

£5k as it is with tax and mot with whatever work is needed to pass an mot, and a quick tidy up of the whole car
£7k if I do the above and fit a std body kit which means paintwork but I won't do a full top quality respray, just get it all looking right.
£10k finished

To be honest I've probably made the car sound a lot worse than it is, but I didn't want to make it sound better and get unrealistic values.

As I said, I DONT NEED the money so won't accept any less than what I think it's worth.

I would also do extra work if a new owner wanted and left a good deposit.

B18ftMOJO5
03-09-2013, 10:12
No idea on price but the longer you hold on to it the more the value will increase. Put it away in a heated garage and forget about it. In 10 years time it will be priceless.;)

Trevhib
03-09-2013, 10:18
No idea on price but the longer you hold on to it the more the value will increase. Put it away in a heated garage and forget about it. In 10 years time it will be priceless.;)

Tbh, you have to factor in stroage space, heating costs and most importantly inflatio....oh forget it.

Stu, you don't need to be protective. You asked for people's general thoughts based on what you information gave us. What we think/say from this distance is meaningless really :agree:

Matt Cole
03-09-2013, 13:53

As is - up to £3k

:agree:

BabybluGTT
03-09-2013, 17:52
I've got to say mate that is f*cking awesome in my eyes, hold on to it for as long as you can. I may be being unrealistic here but if it was mine I wouldn't let it go for a penny less than £5k with tax & mot :agree:

TopCat
03-09-2013, 18:22
I've got to say mate that is f*cking awesome in my eyes, hold on to it for as long as you can. I may be being unrealistic here but if it was mine I wouldn't let it go for a penny less than £5k with tax & mot :agree:

Completely agree. :agree:

sean5gtt
03-09-2013, 19:18
Oh bugger, I have always wanted EBS 5 GTT cab but wrong time and too skint to buy car like that! Lol

Was red original colour when it came out of factory?

Sean

stu21t
03-09-2013, 22:31
ive just remember some more parts fitted

clifford cat 1 alarm
tints
bigger rad
oil cooler with stat i think
double din centre console
black carpet
some gauges
rebuilt gearbox
uprated fuel pump
magnecor leads
electric m3 mirrors

private plate is included and has a small story behind it.
the origional owner of the can and the guy who had it converted was a DJ. he went by the name of Commander B
the plates meaning is A13 (August 13th as in his birthday) CB(commander B) and the P is for Paul, his name.

i might actually try and get in touch with him as he said he would want it back, lol

Madmax
04-09-2013, 00:09
Realistically it is worth £1500 and I am willing to take it off your hands for a cash sale and sold as seen...!

I will even come and collect it..;)

Nick k
04-09-2013, 12:57
:popcorn:

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1388&pictureid=9415

JRP
04-09-2013, 13:15
Nick.. I love that and you

Nick k
04-09-2013, 13:17
Nick.. I love that and you

I Love you more :D

JRP
04-09-2013, 13:51
:laugh:
I Love you more :D

B18ftMOJO5
04-09-2013, 16:29
If theres only 5 left. I knw of one. Thats only two more elsewhere. Do you knw of any othera nick?

Trevhib
04-09-2013, 16:29
Lovely. Been a good summer for it too :)

Silver Williams wheels would go a treat on there, as an option.

Bigfoot
04-09-2013, 16:51
1 x Raider sprayed
2 x red
1 x yellow sprayed
2 x silver

I think that's what is about from what I remember.

B18ftMOJO5
04-09-2013, 16:54
Ive seen the yellow one, minus a roof.:

Nick k
04-09-2013, 16:59
1 x Raider sprayed
2 x red
1 x yellow sprayed
2 x silver

I think that's what is about from what I remember.

3 x Red. ( Ph 1 version - different boot set up )
1 x black ( Ph 1? )
2 x silver ( ph 1 )
1 x raider ( Ph 1 )
1 x yellow ( Ph 1 )
1 x tungy ( Ph 1 )
1 x white ( Ph 2 )

That i'm aware of. ( Gt's of course )

Bigfoot
04-09-2013, 17:08
Take it phase 1 and phase 1 is the way they done the conversion with the rear lights?

Lots more then, take it some are sitting around looking sorry for themselves though.

Nick k
04-09-2013, 17:14
Yea mines a phase 1 were the boot and hood lift up to together to access the boot, were as the phase 2 had the rear lights up more so the boot lid would hinge open leaving the hood in place. They also had split front windows like the 205 cti. The phase 2 white one was mint :) when it came to bruntingthorpe 2006.

The yellow one, we know about that, the black one got fitted with a big roll bar again like the 205 cti, the tungy was last seen in sam fish's garage apparently, One of the red one's has the wrong style of passenger window in it, the raider has been restored, the other silver one had some big rust on its scuttle panel when last seen.

Bigfoot
04-09-2013, 17:41
Grey one says its still taxed

Nick k
04-09-2013, 18:34
The grey one ?? Which one :confused:

Bigfoot
04-09-2013, 18:46
Found the reg on the r5gordini site. Though did find another convertible which wasn't on that list in google pictures

Nick k
04-09-2013, 18:52
That grey one was in very nice condition from what I hear. Wow two on the road :D

Bigfoot
04-09-2013, 18:56
White one is on the road as well. Think counted 4 when checking through those. Didn't realise yellow one was back in 2009 when last on road

Bigfoot
04-09-2013, 18:57
Picture of grey one at a show looked really nice

The new Bill J
04-09-2013, 20:44
There used to be a purple one round here, about 15 years ago.

dangerous dave
04-09-2013, 21:34
A few years back a red non turbo one past me in Reading, how many of them were kicking about.. Going off topic but it just shows there as rare as mart posting..

Guybrush
04-09-2013, 21:41
need a register section on the site

- convertible gtt's
- cup cars

sean5gtt
04-09-2013, 22:38
I've seen black gtt cab on eBay few months back with roof hood slashed by vandal that the seller want sell it but not met the price he want, is it one of existing r5 cab on lists?

I got pic of White r5gtt cab at one of car show years back that was my 1st ever seen it in person! It was for sale at that time but out of my price range on £7k....:cry:

Kris M
05-09-2013, 18:47
If I remember after work I'll upload a load of pics I have of the ebs cars :)

Alastair
07-09-2013, 08:37
If I remember after work I'll upload a load of pics I have of the ebs cars :)

Where's these pics Krissy M!!!!

Chop chop lol!!!

Kris M
07-09-2013, 09:19
I will sort them on Sunday when I'm home mate :)

sean5gtt
07-09-2013, 22:33
I've seen black gtt cab on eBay few months back with roof hood slashed by vandal that the seller want sell it but not met the price he want, is it one of existing r5 cab on lists?

I got pic of White r5gtt cab at one of car show years back that was my 1st ever seen it in person! It was for sale at that time but out of my price range on £7k....:cry:

Sorry for off the point about your post, here the white r5gtt cab I saw at Silverstone's annual event, Trax in early 2000's. I am so tempted to call to this mobile number as shown on front windscreen to see if the owner of that car still got it? LOL:wasntme:

Kris M
10-09-2013, 13:07
Right then as promised ! im glad I kept all my old rtoc pictures on an external hardrive !!

Real geek mode here, ive been through all my cabby pics and picked out all the uk registered ones I have pics of, im part way through uploading them all so bear with me, il write a list of the cars now and add the pictures tonight

E*** BGT unsure or colour as black and white pic

H2** UGC white

F500 EGJ red, used to be owned by JimGTT on here

A** CBP stus red cabby on here

B* WSH raider blue

G*** WMO black, chrome cage used to be in London

G*** OGT Silver, Nick kettles on rtoc

H717 EBY tungy, looks mint !

F713 NLF looks well old !!

Trevhib
10-09-2013, 13:46
Definitely prefer the look of the EBC ph2 run with the rear lights in the correct position etc. :agree:

sean5gtt
11-09-2013, 09:05
Right then as promised ! im glad I kept all my old rtoc pictures on an external hardrive !!

Real geek mode here, ive been through all my cabby pics and picked out all the uk registered ones I have pics of, im part way through uploading them all so bear with me, il write a list of the cars now and add the pictures tonight

E*** BGT unsure or colour as black and white pic

H2** UGC white

F500 EGJ red, used to be owned by JimGTT on here

A** CBP stus red cabby on here

B* WSH raider blue

G*** WMO black, chrome cage used to be in London

G*** OGT Silver, Nick kettles on rtoc

H717 EBY tungy, looks mint !

F713 NLF looks well old !!

:coffee::popcorn::popcorn:

Kris M
11-09-2013, 10:54
Right then, have a look at the first and second pages of this album for all my pics, they relate to the 9 cars I mentioned afew posts ago. Theres also 3 pictures of cabby related documents that people might find interesting

So, any more info to be revealed from looking at the pictures??

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=53

:D

Bigfoot
11-09-2013, 11:22
Couple more can be found here

http://www.r5gordini.co.uk/mediawiki/Renault_Super_5_Convertible

sean5gtt
11-09-2013, 19:28
Right then, have a look at the first and second pages of this album for all my pics, they relate to the 9 cars I mentioned afew posts ago. Theres also 3 pictures of cabby related documents that people might find interesting

So, any more info to be revealed from looking at the pictures??

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/album.php?albumid=53

:D

Thanks for sharing EBS r5gtts Kris M, hard to believe that someone changed somewhat modified but tasteful F713 NLF (except for awful smoothed rear boot and dustbin exhaust pipe) to that yellow coloured which completely ruined original EBS r5gtt cab.....:cry::eek::sad2:

Trevhib
11-09-2013, 19:49
Was it black and the sprayed yellow or yellow then sprayed black?

sean5gtt
11-09-2013, 19:58
Was it black and the sprayed yellow or yellow then sprayed black?

I saw that yellow cab on eBay last year, it was not sold due no one bid it so I assumed the owner store it somewhere and declared it SORN?

B18ftMOJO5
11-09-2013, 20:24
It was bought by a guy in blackburn. Soon to be up for sale again i belive.:)

sean5gtt
12-09-2013, 08:42

Would be interested in how much it will sell for as it is? If I have spare hood, frame and any other stuffs need to make it complete o.e cabriolet, I'll buy it as a project!

Sean

sean5gtt
20-09-2013, 15:52

Is the guy ready to sell his yellow cab?

B18ftMOJO5
20-09-2013, 17:58
Sorry mate. Haz has first refusal after asking six months ago. Followed by Nick K who asked about two months ago. Keep you informed if they dont buy it.

sean5gtt
20-09-2013, 18:30
Sorry mate. Haz has first refusal after asking six months ago. Followed by Nick K who asked about two months ago. Keep you informed if they dont buy it.

No worries mate, am in no rush and wouldn't mind r5 EBS even it is base model Campus or GT Turbo as long it is complete untouched r5 EBS cabrio with hood and frame etc:D