PDA

View Full Version : NCB

TNT ANDY
01-09-2013, 19:53
Just renewing the insurance on the Cooper S and reading the small print, as you do. I've been jogging along now for 22 years claim free with no issues, never ever had proof of ncb issued to me. now I'm looking at a statement that says unless you can prove it, you may not be covered.

I assumed that all an insurance company could tell if you have claimed before or not. I'm pretty sure they'd whip that evidence out right sharpish if they needed to.

Anyone else in this position or know how to go about getting proof of ncb from over the years? I can't even remember half of the companies I've ever been with.:confused:

Penfold aka The Dealer
01-09-2013, 20:04
A letter from your previous insurance company should do the trick (ie a renewal letter)...

Brigsy
01-09-2013, 20:05
Ring up your last insurance company and request a letter of proof.

I had a situation a couple of years ago when a company wouldnt give me a letter of proof, in the end my new insurance company rang them to confirm after arguing on the phone

TopCat
01-09-2013, 20:15
My insurance company asked my previous insurance company and spoke to them direct for me. I didn't have to prove nuttin.

TNT ANDY
01-09-2013, 20:19
I'll give em a call - thanks Lads.

:agree:

Trevhib
02-09-2013, 11:16
Since I don't have insurance atm, I was sure to get a 'letter of NCB confirmation' sent to me at the end of my last policy so that I can use it when I next have a car and need insurance. Afaik I will need to do this within 2yrs otherwise I lose it all :agree:

TNT ANDY
02-09-2013, 12:36
Since I don't have insurance atm, I was sure to get a 'letter of NCB confirmation' sent to me at the end of my last policy so that I can use it when I next have a car and need insurance. Afaik I will need to do this within 2yrs otherwise I lose it all :agree:

This gets worse, I have asked for proof of ncb but the day they will issue it only if my policy lapses, yet on the renewal it states both

1. You have claimed that you have 8 years ncb and we may need to see period of this in the process of a claim.

And

2. Please keep this renew safe as it is proof of your no claims bonus.

So it's either valid or not, I'm confused.

Trevhib
02-09-2013, 14:01
In my experience, proof of no-claims always comes in a separate letter/document after a policy has lapsed. Renewals usually come prior to the policy lapsing, hence why the letter has to wait until afterwards (in case you still make a claim). Of course the renenwal may state how many yrs NCB you are going to have when you renew.

In your case, if your current company don't have a formal proof of NCB from your previous insurers, that is something worth sorting out, as when it comes to providing it to your next insurers (if/when you swtich), these guys wont be able to supply it!