PDA

View Full Version : no fuel?

Dudders
31-08-2013, 19:23
ok im prob being too stupid here, i can hear the fuel pump buzzing whilst turning the car over but after about 5 secs the pump appears to screech, if i crank it for a few secs and stop the the pump contimues to buzz but then sometimes screeches after :confused:
there is no fuel at the carb?? i have taken the pipe off to check delivery but there is none??
once you stop turning the engine over there is a gurgling from the pipe but no fuel??

just to fill you in the project has had the dash removed but most switches reconnected, perc fan removed if this should matter but i imagine not.

very naughty but if i remove the carb elbow and spray atomised petrol directly into the carb the engine runs (albeit for seconds) so i know the engine wants to go.....................any ideas (pressure regulator/pump/filter) it has been sat for probably 6 years, it was run before about 2 years ago, new fuel has been added but to no avail. :cry:

answers on a postcard to : Mr my 5's up on axle stands
No.69 at least its in a garage lane
East i really want it to work
still its in west sussex (and its sunny)
UK

:laugh::laugh:

TopCat
31-08-2013, 19:29
Check your voltage to the pump- if that's ok then it's probably a dicky pump or blocked fuel filter maybe? I'd lean towards the pump.

You want to speak to matt@codered or mike at gt turbo spares, they'll help you out no probs :)

Or fuel pick up in the tank?

Markey Mark (BD)
31-08-2013, 19:29
Sounds like pumps either given up, blocked or you simply run out of fuel ;)

royz
31-08-2013, 19:50
pump can sound as though its running but can be knackered inside so it dose not pump fuel through. had this happen on me once with the same simptoms fuel in tank pump running but non getting to the carb. new pump and all was good

NRG
31-08-2013, 20:14
I'd say fuel pumps gone

Dudders
31-08-2013, 22:17
Cheers for the replies people, when I get down to see it again on Saturday I will test the pumps voltage and look to get it replaced.......prob once I have picked mike's brains :agree: