PDA

View Full Version : Location of oil filter

Rob1980
26-08-2013, 14:46
I am going to show how green I am here but could someone please tell me exactly where the oil filter is? I have read through the articles and found the oil changing one but all it says is to get to it via the wheel arch, it does not say which one though. I did look up both of them but my eyesight is obviously not what it used to be!

If anyone has a picture of it in situ that would be great.

Penfold aka The Dealer
26-08-2013, 14:48
I am going to show how green I am here but could someone please tell me exactly where the oil filter is? I have read through the articles and found the oil changing one but all it says is to get to it via the wheel arch, it does not say which one though. I did look up both of them but my eyesight is obviously not what it used to be!

It's on the front of the block... Ie just behind the rad..../ front driver's side.

Why not get a full service done by matt@codered, get him to cast his eye over the car anyway... ;)

TopCat
26-08-2013, 14:49

Just under the alternator :)

Rob1980
26-08-2013, 14:56
Cheers guys. :agree:

I might have to now Chris, the other half has got the hump with me for changing all of the interior today! I think my 5 allowance time has been used up this week already now.

Do you know how much Matt charges? I have the oil and filter here already. An expert eye and advice would be greatly appreciated so I may have to contact him.

Penfold aka The Dealer
26-08-2013, 14:58
Just sent you a txt :)

TopCat
26-08-2013, 14:59
Cheers guys. :agree:

I might have to now Chris, the other half has got the hump with me for changing all of the interior today! I think my 5 allowance time has been used up this week already now.

Do you know how much Matt charges? I have the oil and filter here already. An expert eye and advice would be greatly appreciated so I may have to contact him.

If you've got a guru like Matt on your doorstep its definately worth using his expertise mate.

TNT ANDY
26-08-2013, 18:35
Has anyone ever re-located the oil filter - it's origional position has to be the worst place ever.

michael tierney
26-08-2013, 19:58
Has anyone ever re-located the oil filter - it's origional position has to be the worst place ever.
I have to agree with that!:(

jesus in the seat of a 5
26-08-2013, 20:08
I have to agree with that!:(

alister has and im in the middle of doing so... got the idea from tony from prima racing... im sure alister will have some diagrams...:)

TNT ANDY
27-08-2013, 06:32
alister has and im in the middle of doing so... got the idea from tony from prima racing... im sure alister will have some diagrams...:)

C'mon Jebus - spill the beans, lets have a look at your holy work.:cooter:

Brigsy
27-08-2013, 12:14
Al's setup is a mocal remote filter housing and braided hoses, simply bolts onto the sandwich plate instead of the oil filter.

Its a lot of work for little gain though ;) id only fit one if access was impossible. My fmic pipework is infront of my oilfilter, still only takes 2 mins to change. You would be adding more pipework with potential to leak in an already cluttered engine bay.

jesus in the seat of a 5
27-08-2013, 20:27
Al's setup is a mocal remote filter housing and braided hoses, simply bolts onto the sandwich plate instead of the oil filter.

Its a lot of work for little gain though ;) id only fit one if access was impossible. My fmic pipework is infront of my oilfilter, still only takes 2 mins to change. You would be adding more pipework with potential to leak in an already cluttered engine bay.

Tight ass...;)

Brigsy
27-08-2013, 20:35
Not going to make my engine any faster is it ;) just dont see the point unless your changing the filter every week