PDA

View Full Version : Bottom arms???

w35ty
22-08-2013, 19:00
Ok well iv just started doing my f7 conversion....
(Using jc5 box)

Anyways, i am using the clio mk1 subframe, then using clio 172 hubs discs calipers i have had the 172 hubs machined down to 20mm to fit the gtt struts..

Only problem is that the 172 splines are bigger on the driveshafts so got to use the shafts but there longer...

I know the williams bottom arms are longer than the gtt ones but are they long enough for the 172 shafts? anyone got sizes or info on mk1 clio and 172 bottom arms? Length?

only other way i thought was to swap the outer cv joint ends off the 172 driveshafts with the gtt ones and use the gtt shafts with original botttom arms? If poss can they be split?

turbo ted
22-08-2013, 19:32
hi mate
the outer cv joints for a gtt will not fit the 172 shafts as there to small I tried this,
the easiest way is just cut shafts to size and weld them back together or get some 21 turbo shafts they have the same spline as 172 shafts, a 21 shaft will fit on the drivers side without cutting;). passenger side use 172 shaft it will need shortening.

w35ty
22-08-2013, 19:51
Ahh so youv already tried this then... well least i know how to go about it all now.. Nice one :) didnt think it was safe to cut and reweld shafts though? :confused:

Also did you use clio bottom arms? Or stay with gtt ones?

jure
23-08-2013, 11:16
I have one question regarding driveshafts. I am planing to fit F7R engine with JC5 box and stay on GTT hubs.

Can I fit matching Megane driveshafts or just GTT ones?

w35ty
23-08-2013, 13:18
You can use gtt shafts if uour sticking with gtt hubs mate as they fit the jc5 box, just im being awkward and going 172 hubs/ discs

I have found a place near me that do custom shafts and said looking around £140 each for them

So im going to get one custom made saves a cut n weld job as dont feel itll be safe with the power and get a r21 one if they are a straight fit