PDA

View Full Version : Car Cleaning Products

Hammer
18-08-2013, 12:48
Hi guys, does anybody know of a decent product that can be sprayed on to car bodywork, left to react, and then be pressure washed off...without having to use sponges, cloths, brushes etc? Thanks

The new Bill J
18-08-2013, 12:51
What do you want it to do? Wash? Foam? Polish? Wax? Remove swirls? Change the colour? Carry out a service? Do an engine rebuild? Cook your dinner? Suck you off? A bit more info would be ideal :)

Goobie
18-08-2013, 13:13
Look up "snow foam" on YouTube. :agree:

rs250nut
18-08-2013, 13:14
What do you want it to do? Wash? Foam? Polish? Wax? Remove swirls? Change the colour? Carry out a service? Do an engine rebuild? Cook your dinner? Suck you off? A bit more info would be ideal :)

Post of 2013!!!!!!

dangerous dave
18-08-2013, 13:27
I find my 09 reg run about is easy as fook to clean as its never really been left to get that dirty, and I'm keeping ontop of it.. After a good polish and few coats of wax I can clean in in 30 minutes and it looks mint..

I went to clean mummy's 182 the other day and a few years has left the wheels and lower sections caked in tar and grime, no easy fix to get it off.. It was tar remover, fallout remover, sponge and pure elbow grease..

Get it super clean and keeping it that ways easy, just top the wax up ever few weeks..

My wax hasn't sucked my off yet, but fingers crossed...:agree:

Hammer
18-08-2013, 14:22
Basically, I just want it to wash the car without having to use sponges, cloths, brushes etc. Just spray on, rinse off...dirt gone. Will try snow foam, thanks :agree:

car.crash
18-08-2013, 16:20
Basically, I just want it to wash the car without having to use sponges, cloths, brushes etc. Just spray on, rinse off...dirt gone. Will try snow foam, thanks :agree:

Don't we all.
When you've achieved that can you put your talents to making my car run on piss please.

On a serious note snow foam will help to lift the dirt but you still need to dry it or you will have white patches everywhere from the water.

Hammer
18-08-2013, 16:39
Yeh, drying isn't a problem. But the washing phase is the bit I'm on about, so basically you spray on the snow foam, allow it to react on the dirt, then jet wash it off. Will that clean the car sufficiently without having to 'scrub'?

I'm only talking about a quick, basic wash. I know this method is not going to leave me with a fully valeted car.

Thanks

Hoolio
18-08-2013, 17:15
Yeh, drying isn't a problem. But the washing phase is the bit I'm on about, so basically you spray on the snow foam, allow it to react on the dirt, then jet wash it off. Will that clean the car sufficiently without having to 'scrub'?

No, you try and dry a car that has not been properly cleaned and you will slowly destroy the finish on the paintwork. There simply is nothing out there that will do what you want. Some of the new generation sealants will certainly help to stop dirt and road grime adhering to the surface but they require a lot of preparation.

The new Bill J
18-08-2013, 17:32
If you keep your nicely nicely waxed, then this stuff is actually pretty bloody good. You might need cloths, but you don't need water:

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/eco.htm

I wouldn't use it on a car with no wax/sealant on it, or a car with caked on dirt, but to remove fresh/light dirt from a nicely kept car it's brilliant stuff :cool:

TopCat
18-08-2013, 17:33

I get mine washed inside and out for £6. Wax it myself.

scratcher
18-08-2013, 18:29
Chemical Guy's no Touch Snowfoam has been the best one I've tried for a touch-less clean. But like Bill said, snow foam only really has any benefit on a well protected car. But it doesn't dry off nicely and leaves mega streaking. And I wouldn't advise running a drying towel over it after foaming and rinsing as the car won't be completely clean.

I've never been a big snow foam fan though. A citrus pre-wash suits me just fine :agree:

scratcher
18-08-2013, 18:36
Since you're pretty local, give me a shout if you'd like to get the car nicely protected. It'll make cleaning it a whole lot easier

www.detailr.wix.com/detailr :smokin:

The new Bill J
18-08-2013, 19:21
But like Bill said, snow foam only really has any benefit on a well protected car.

The Eco wash isn't a foam - It's a complete waterless wash :cool:

scratcher
18-08-2013, 20:29
Yeah, I just ment snow foam in general doesn't do very much for an un-waxed car.
How do you rate that stuff Bill?
Their hose free eco wash is brilliant, I use loads of it. Just wash and dry, saves so much time.

Goobie
18-08-2013, 20:44
;)

http://youtu.be/IPM8OR6W6WE

The new Bill J
18-08-2013, 21:31
Yeah, I just ment snow foam in general doesn't do very much for an un-waxed car.
How do you rate that stuff Bill?
Their hose free eco wash is brilliant, I use loads of it. Just wash and dry, saves so much time.

Snow foam I've never used. Eco wash is amazing stuff! I was expecting it to scratch the hell out of my paintwork, but it didn't at all, and left a really good shine as well :cool:

I don't really do too much cleaning ;) these days, but I really do rate Chemical Guys products.

Hammer
18-08-2013, 21:39
Cheers chaps, liking the look of those chemical guys products :agree:

gtmatt
18-08-2013, 23:30
Poor boys also ,There is à shop next to my work great guys there go on there site ,shinearama ,also for cleaning guides go on polished bliss ,i use poor boys and meg ,and a few other companys

Matt Cole
19-08-2013, 12:41
My Russian prostitute washes my car and sucks me off. I use no towels or cloths for this method!

:D

TNT ANDY
19-08-2013, 14:02
My Russian prostitute washes my car and sucks me off. I use no towels or cloths for this method!

:D

:laugh: this could go on forever :laugh:

TNT Tricky Nicky
19-08-2013, 19:52
:laugh: this could go on forever :laugh:

You been at those 'special' pills again andy :laugh:

Beware of some snow foams as they strip the wax/sealers as well as the dirt/contaminants which will only make the car harder to keep clean.

As said best way to keep a car clean is to give it a couple of good coats of wax after a good wash, de tarring, clay and polish with a polish with a light abrasive. After that you'll find the dirt runs off with a hose

gttjames
20-08-2013, 09:48
valet pro citrus pre wash is what people are opting for over snow foam now