PDA

View Full Version : Leccy blue phase 1 £2000 no offers

JimGTT
16-08-2013, 16:06
Cant belive im letting it go for less money than it owes me....but I have had so many messers and none actually looked at it!!! and now it has to go to a new home, however I will not let it go for anyless!! I have gone striaght in at my lowest to save any messing about.

The car itself is a rare electric blue phase 1, 1987 D reg and has had only 2 previous owners, the 1st being the dealer as a demo. Then an old boy. It has only 59900 miles and mot till november, the tax ran out at the end of july. The car starts on the button and runs as it should. It is compeletly standard and original bar a gt tuning heatsheild, that I fitted due to the poor condition of the oe one.

The story of the car is, It was owned by an old chap who loved the car, sadly he passed away and left it to his grandson in his will. The car had spend nearly 15 years off the road (since 98), most of this time was in his garage, but recent years it was moved under a car port. Due to the old chap passing away most of the car history has been lost. I only have the book pack, the original logbook for the guy (1988 one) plus 2 other logbooks and the last mot from 1998, + current one. I also have approx 8-10 sorn declaration forms to prove it has been off the road.

The overall condition of the car is good and in a good usable state but needs some tlc, since i have had the car I have had a new bonnet and tailgate painted due to the oe ones being rusty (paint match is perfect) A new servo and master cylinder as the servo went. New headlights and indicators. Oil and filter change using mobil one 15w50, new wipers. The kit has been sprayed with black bumper paint, as it had been done a long time ago and mostly flaked off and looked patchy and poo. The kit would benefit coming off and being jet washed to remove it all. The conditon of if it all is very good though, no cracks or scuff etc. The bodywork is very tidy for its year and is a very striaght car considering. It also has the original oe decals on the sides. There are some minor light scratches, the odd car park ding and some scabs round the windscreen.

It starts,runs and boosts, the engine bay is very tidy and everything works as it should. It goes into gear perfect and no slpping on the clutch. I believe it does have the oe clutch and headgasket.
The car has been welded in various places and has been undersealed at some point. Id say it could do with atleast a drivers jacking point in the future but not too bad underneath from what i can see.

bad bits
play in the rack, rust round the screen, wrong seats, mileometre does not go up (i have done approx 600miles believed to be genuine otherwise) exhaust rattles.
prob a few missed i missed but nothing major.

My plans when I bought the car were to get it into a useable decent order short term, until I moved house and sorted finances out, then completley restore it and make it into a showroom car and never sell it as its my fav colour combo and wanted one for so long. This however is not going to happen and im not happy about the idea of selling but needs must.
I know the car is not mint or perfect in anyway and will require some tlc in some areas but i do feel its a good decent example of an even rarer 5 than your normal one. It would make a great project for someone or with a few bits could just be an everyday runner. The way prices are going on 5's it would be a good investment. It took me 5 years or more to find one.

See pics on my profile or ebay

£2000 no offers!!!

JimGTT
23-08-2013, 11:21
sold