PDA

View Full Version : Best place for sensors?

Fordy
29-07-2013, 10:44
Anyone know where's best priced for the gm sensors?

Need a open element iat, coolant temp sensor and the connectors for both of them

Dave Reed
29-07-2013, 12:00
Anyone know where's best priced for the gm sensors?

Need a open element iat, coolant temp sensor and the connectors for both of them

Inlet air temp - I put mine in the boost pipe just before the throttle body. Scoff prefers to put them in the air filter hose, as he knows more about this stuff it may be the better way.

Coolant temp - opposite end to the water pump there is a blanking plate, remove that, drill hole and thread it.

As for the plugs, either breakers yard Or Scoff efiparts sells them new

Fordy
29-07-2013, 12:46
I'm looking to buy them new but some places are wanting crazy money for them

Not sure where I'll fit the iat yet, but coolant temp will be going in the head blanking plate

Might just buy omex sensors as they seem easier to find

Dave Reed
29-07-2013, 13:51
Scoff does them and thery're pretty cheap..

if not go breakers and get them of prety much anything, only prob is, is you don't always know there ok.

Dave Reed
29-07-2013, 13:52
http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/

Scoff
29-07-2013, 16:47
googling "universal air temperature sensor" works pretty well :) ;)

I've sold out of IAT but they're due any day. Open element thermistor, M12x1.5mm. I can't offer much of a discount on sensors but they can be £14 to RTOCers. They use the common 2 pin timer connector. They can be £2.50. If you can't find one Fordy from me an email and I'll help where I can. chris@efi-parts.co.uk

Fordy
31-07-2013, 16:59
Managed to source both sensors today from my local motor factors for 12quid after trade discount :)

People with nodiz you want the following sensors which maybe the same as scoffs universal ones

Intake temperature sensor part number VE375083
Coolant temperature sensor part number VE375049

Hope this helps everyone

Just need the part numbers for the 2 pin crank sensor now anyone got any hints?