PDA

View Full Version : Updated carb, turbo info

Turbopeck
18-07-2013, 22:02
Just bought a renault 5 gt turbo, I was told it had a group A carb and a turbo technics t25, how can I check to see if there real?

Penfold aka The Dealer
18-07-2013, 22:08
Carb won't be....99% sure of that, just a tuners version of it....

Mr Raider
18-07-2013, 22:10
You'll need to take the carb 'lobster' off the top of the carb to check if it has had the flap removed (group A carb) to be honest better to have a standard carb jetted to fuel required boost correctly. On the turbo, take a picture of it and post on here, or check the codes on the front and rear end to confirm if T25, could be a hybrid. :)

rs250nut
18-07-2013, 23:20
You'll need to take the carb 'lobster' off the top of the carb to check if it has had the flap removed (group A carb) to be honest better to have a standard carb jetted to fuel required boost correctly. On the turbo, take a picture of it and post on here, or check the codes on the front and rear end to confirm if T25, could be a hybrid. :)

Lots of stock venturi carbs out there with the choke flap removed...... Usally tell a group Z carb when if over fuels everywhere but not where you need it because of the stupid 150 main normally fitted by so called ''tuners''.

Turbopeck
19-07-2013, 19:02
Thanks, I will get some pics of the turbo up over weekend,