PDA

View Full Version : trailers?

bernard
03-01-2009, 21:27
Im just wondering whats the laws with trailers ive looked it all up but still unsure if it would be illlegal for me to use a lightweight trailer with my five on it i would be pulling it with a 2.0 vectra?

RICHIE
03-01-2009, 21:36
Im just wondering whats the laws with trailers ive looked it all up but still unsure if it would be illlegal for me to use a lightweight trailer with my five on it i would be pulling it with a 2.0 vectra?

have you looked into a frames mate

Andrew Cooke
04-01-2009, 00:03

assuming the trailer is braked you need to find what the gross train weight is, I pulled my 5 with an Astra, but it was borderline. My gut instinct says with a twin axle braked trailer you'd be fine.

TNT Tricky Nicky
04-01-2009, 00:24
does it not also depend on what licence you hold cos they changed it when they dropped the weight limit for vehicles you can drive if you pasted after a certain date ie you can't pul a trailer unles you pass another test?

Scoff
04-01-2009, 00:30
does it not also depend on what licence you hold cos they changed it when they dropped the weight limit for vehicles you can drive if you pasted after a certain date ie you can't pul a trailer unles you pass another test?

yeah, 1997 or there abouts. you can still tow a trailer weighing upto 750kg on a modern licence, but towing a car on a trailor would be a no go ofcourse.

Penfold aka The Dealer
04-01-2009, 08:11
If you look in your car manual (or do a search on the net) you can find out the gross towing weight for you car...