PDA

View Full Version : Stop Smoking?

Romil Davda
12-07-2013, 12:10
My Turbo oil sill blew on track last week and the turbo has since seized. Whilst driving, the car constantly pours out with smoke.

Can I stop this from happening (smoking heavily)? Block off the oil feed to turbo and also the oil drain perhaps? Any ideas appreciated.

Romil Davda
12-07-2013, 12:24
Not sure how many more it would do with no oil at all going to it.....would deffo be the final nail in the coffin romil....least u know the boytom end was ok ;) good luck with the wngine swap...certainly no dramas if mark is lending a hand

Hi mate, I did had issues with the bottom end before going on track. You did me a MASSIVE favour at the beging of the year when you sold me this. Its my fault for not rebuilding the bottom end before fitting. I was in a rush and just wanted to get on the road... Didnt help turning up the boost.

How is your new build coming on?

kentraider
12-07-2013, 12:27
No worries dude.....its always the way when u in a rush to get the lump bk in.....I hope u get it all sorted for fcs ....alls okish my end lol...went pod and couldnt really get going so looking at getting new turbo etc.....all the best romil :agree:

Dave Reed
12-07-2013, 13:24
Rom just take the rear housing off the turbo, make a blank plate where the 4 bolts go (you'll need some exhaust paste) And bolt the exhaust on as normal..

Then just join the oil feed to the oil return and secure it.

Big Supes
12-07-2013, 13:57
It's worth taking the intercooler out and washing it through when you're done. You can guarantee it'll be full of oil.

Petrol will work as a cleaner.

GTphil
12-07-2013, 18:27
Rom just take the rear housing off the turbo, make a blank plate where the 4 bolts go (you'll need some exhaust paste) And bolt the exhaust on as normal..

Then just join the oil feed to the oil return and secure it.

Be carefull with the exhaust paste, i did the exact same thing on a fresh build, then found the exhaust paste was caked all over the cylinder head squish area and the bottom of the sump was full of an almost sand like substance, it scored the engine bearings on it's way through and god knows what else:disagree:

For me just make up the plate and don't worry about it blowing slightly, unless you have an mot to pass, i used a wheel bolt to block of the hole in the block for the oil feed and just taped up the return to the sump.