PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted: 13/14 or 20/21 July 2013

Romil Davda
09-07-2013, 23:02
Dear All, my turn to ask for help :ashamed:, some would say "what again" but here goes... :eek:

I am picking up an engine Saturday morning 13th July from Enfield. I will have the engine in the back of my R5 and need to do an engine swap this weekend or next. Its a long shot but I know it can be done, with help of course. ;)

Who has an engine lift? My cheeky plan is to pop over and get some help swapping the engines over. I know time and space are is an issue for all!. So if the crane/lift folds, can I borrow it? and you?

Ideally :innocent:, I want to drive over to someone driveway/garage/workshop/front of the house and get some help from them doing the swap. Should take half a day with 2 pairs of hands but need to allow time for any hiccups! Just being honest.

So, if you can assist :sos:, I would really appreciate it and of course the help would not go unpaid (cash or beer tokens). I am tracking the car at FSC at the end of the month, hence the need to have this done. Worst case would be, I hire a lift and do the job next weekend out on the road! Needs must I guess. :brickwall:

Your sincerely,
Romil :smokin:

markg
09-07-2013, 23:12
Romil, I have a folding crane you could borrow. Not sure I can help with the swap, 3 kids so most weekends are busy . I work near Weybridge so could drop it over to Staines for you after work later in the week. Let me know if that helps and I will dig it out the garage as it's currently buried. :agree:

BigDanC
09-07-2013, 23:14
I've got a lift. It's with bod at the moment but are more than welcome to use it.

Help wise well as you know I'm stuck for time too with work and scraps.

If I'm free ill always lend a hand. Saturday is Deffo a no no

James5
10-07-2013, 00:18
Sorry Rom unable to help but have an engine crane you are welcome to use:agree:

I can offer to do it over a couple of eve's at mine if any good to you but means leaving car with me for 2-3 days as I will be doing it around the kids

Romil Davda
19-07-2013, 20:46
I had a few parts delivered (Thanks Mike) for the new engine I picked up last week. Driving over to Mark B's tomorrow morning to do an engine swap. Update and pics to follow.