PDA

View Full Version : Short shifter help

Charlie
02-07-2013, 20:20
Hi guys, I bought a new engine dynamics short shifter off ebay. When I removed the bush from the OE one it was very loose in the new one, I contacted them and they replaced it for another one which is no better. My question is are they all like that or is engine Dynamics poor quality, has anyone any experience of this make or is there a better one I should buy.

SCHWARTZ
02-07-2013, 21:16
Get some pix up so it gives members a bit more idea matey. What part are you on about the gear stick or thebit that bolts to the box?

Charlie
02-07-2013, 22:00
The bit that goes on the box, the gear linkage bolts to it. The metal bush that goes into the hole in the short shift link is very loose and wobbles about it wasn't like that in the OE one. I was just wondering if all the short shift are like that or is the one i have got is just poor quality.

robw
02-07-2013, 22:23
Not quite sure what bit you mean, but If you mean the short shift pin that sits in the white plastic case, then did you replace the plastic case with a new one? Or it will be worn and be a bit loose.

wilton_warrior
05-07-2013, 13:00
I bought the very same one. Apon fitting this was also the case. The metal sleve they gave with the kitkit was also slack. They do supply with a new plastic bush for the insert to the box casing, however this was too long for the bore of the casing so could not fit the circlip so used the one as it was in good conditiion.and it fitted ok. And had to use the old metal sleve. Once all bolted up i gave the car a test and was grinding gears and or not getting into the gates. I contacted engine dynamics regarding this and said i need to adjust the linkage. Aftrr doing so still no joy. Went back to the old linkage and it was spot on so now the short shift lives inbmy toolbox. Not worth the hassel in my opinon. Maybe others have found it works but no me. So. Id recomend trying ur old sleeve inbur shortshift and see if u get any better luck than me

Charlie
05-07-2013, 21:15
Hi, thanks for that info I don't have my engine or box in yet so cant check if I will have the same problem or not. I think I will try and get my money back, not happy with the quality of it.

Cheers

Charlie
06-07-2013, 09:18
Has anyone else had problems with the short shifter:confused: are they a good job or should I just stick with the OE one.

robw
06-07-2013, 13:17
Has anyone else had problems with the short shifter:confused: are they a good job or should I just stick with the OE one.

I've had the cheap ones and the expensive ones. Tbh I think they're all hassle. If you keep at it, it will probably work ok, but imo not really any better than oe.

Charlie
06-07-2013, 15:24
Thanks, OE it is then. Cheers

Deano
08-07-2013, 14:27

I have a B&M short shifter in mine and its great, Maybe try to find one of those instead of the engine dynamics one ?

Woznaldo
08-07-2013, 23:28
There are a few pictures that 'may' help in my project thread, so feel free to have a look.

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=10445&page=2

I fitted a brand new Renault Nylon Bush and had to give the recess in the Gearbox casing a good clean out to be able to get the circlip back in place.