PDA

View Full Version : Newbi just saying hello

Tower
01-07-2013, 20:48
First post!

Hi everyone. Ive been mad about R5gtt since i was a lad and now ive finally got my wish. Bought my 5 about nine months ago, didnt think i would have it for long but low and behold i love it more now than when i was a little boy. My life has now taken a whole new turn since i got her... Love it! Ive had a few cars in the past but nothing gives me a bigger thrill and smile than when i drive it. I bought it hoping to bring her back to prime and sell, but the only way id get rid of it would be if someone ripped it from my cold dead hands lol. Want to get involved with some of the meets and drives and look forward to meeting you all. Ive posted some pics of my 5gtt hope you enjoy mine as i enjoy yours as there are some cracking pics on the website. Cheers guys Neil:)

Goobie
01-07-2013, 20:54
Welcome to the club! :cool:

chris
01-07-2013, 20:57
Welcome buddy car looks good what has it got done to it and whats your plans for it?

B18ftMOJO5
01-07-2013, 21:02
Welcome to the club mate. Car looks nice:agree:

Tower
01-07-2013, 21:39
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

When i bought it the turbo was knackered but i wasnt to bothered as the bodywork and engine were probably the cleanest ive seen (in price range) and the engine idles and drives great very tight. Had a replacement turbo fitted and put on the dyno at SiTec racing. Print outs are 126bhp at wheels pretty standard but not looking for a flyer, want to keep it as stock as possible. The interior was ok but needed a lot of tlc new parcel shelf, door cards, dials, buttons and screw covers etc. The seats are next very good condition but a couple of holes in the passengers seat. Ive had to change bits and pieces back to original ie clear indicators out, original in same with side repeaters and clusters at the back. Ive got the 16v wheels which i think look awesome but still think it deserves the originals... any thoughts?
Future projects will be trying to get the temp down without changing to much again any good advice anyone?

Tower
01-07-2013, 22:17

Welcome to the club! :cool:

Thanks mate

BabybluGTT
01-07-2013, 22:21
You could have been describing me in that story mate.. Identical as to how I was affected by my 5:laugh: Welcome to the club :agree:

Junglist
01-07-2013, 23:09
:agree: welcome m8 :cool:

Tower
01-07-2013, 23:59

You could have been describing me in that story mate.. Identical as to how I was affected by my 5:laugh: Welcome to the club :agree:

Thanks mate:) its been great to keep one of these classics on the road. Cant go anywhere without having a 10 minute talk with someone who used to have one. Great fun too

Tower
02-07-2013, 00:03

If anyones interested ive uploaded some pictures of my 5 :)

Andyturbo!
02-07-2013, 06:46
Welcome to the club mate, car looks really well on the turbines :agree:

Matt Cole
02-07-2013, 12:49
Most are buying a pair of these. Attach to the doors and hey presto, you can be buried in it!:D

Tower
04-07-2013, 21:09

Most are buying a pair of these. Attach to the doors and hey presto, you can be buried in it!:D

Haha, i already bought weights for it so i can be buried at sea :)

gtmatt
04-07-2013, 21:12
Welcome my friend enjoy

Tower
04-07-2013, 21:13

Welcome to the club mate, car looks really well on the turbines :agree:

Thank mate, was pondering whether to change them for the originals but the turbines do look awesome. Think i might buy a set just to have if i ever fancy a change.

Alex
04-07-2013, 22:36
Welcome to RTOC. Membership pack in the post tomorrow :)

Tower
05-07-2013, 23:17

Welcome to RTOC. Membership pack in the post tomorrow :)
Thats great look forward to getting that. What does that consist of mate?