PDA

View Full Version : Rwd r5 with vw engine, southwater, west sussex £5k no offers

James5
30-06-2013, 16:47
As per title I am selling my project as most of you all know originally built by scoff and them mag featured with a b18ft engine notnormal.

I purchased in Nov 2012 as a non runner (was supposed to be a runner) I paid £4.1k for it since then I have done loads best check project and my profile for pics.

Full details of what done in this thread

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=30807

Its time to sell up no time for the 5 anymore unfortunatly. The 5 kids I have are just taking up all my time with there hobbies friends, needs and my money lol . I can't see me finishing this off anytime soon. Once done I was hoping to have mag featured again hopefully whomever finishes will do this and mention myself.

Would like to see it stay in the club.

What's left to do:-

Spray grill,
Gearbox cables to be extended,
Weld 8mm outlet to fuel tank I have adaptor to be welded,
Purchase and install a 1.3 mk3 golf non ratchet cable,
Work out why not as sparking (Currently looking into)
Map the ecu

I am after £5k no offers

Tutuur
30-06-2013, 18:29
Nooo mate! Just put it in the corner and get back to it later!

It's only the last few small things :eek:

Slammed 66
30-06-2013, 19:51
Nooo mate! Just put it in the corner and get back to it later!

It's only the last few small things :eek:

Exactly this ^^^^

:agree:

stu21t
30-06-2013, 20:21
That's what I've done, over the last 2 years my cars been 95% complete but I haven't had the time.
I would have taken a couple of weekends to do it a couple of years ago. As long as its done by next summer I will be happy.

You should at least try putting it aside and doing bits as and when, it will be worth the same money if not more, this time next year if you really don't have the time/enthusiasm.

James5
04-07-2013, 09:10
Bump still for sale I need this gone:agree:

Duncan Grier
04-07-2013, 09:58
You have done well to get that much doen with 5 kids!!! I really struggle with 2 :coffee:

If its not finance driven, lock it up as stated. If not good luck with the sale, should be epic when completed!!!

DG

James5
04-07-2013, 10:20
You have done well to get that much doen with 5 kids!!! I really struggle with 2 :coffee:

If its not finance driven, lock it up as stated. If not good luck with the sale, should be epic when completed!!!

DG

It's a bit of both really lack of time and finance's unfortunatly I would like to finish it.

It's only a couple of hundred £'s more and it would be done. But family needs got to come first so I need it gone.

James5
08-07-2013, 09:23
Can't believe this is still with me, loads of peep's interested and pm'd just no money I will drop the price a tad but I really want this gone, please someone take it off my hands and finish it off:agree:

£4.5k

r5_scotty
08-07-2013, 10:24
I think the trouble is ,its a lot of money for a five that ain't running. Plus people don't have the knowledge to finish it. It's a help of a car ! !!!! Shame you can't just stick it away James. Good luck with the sale. Be a one off five once its done

James5
08-07-2013, 10:55
I think the trouble is ,its a lot of money for a five that ain't running. Plus people don't have the knowledge to finish it. It's a help of a car ! !!!! Shame you can't just stick it away James. Good luck with the sale. Be a one off five once its done

I think you are right. I will get engine up and running and the bit's left to do are pretty easy for anyone handy with a spanner :agree: it will just be a case of purchasing the parts in the list of to do's and maybe a few small bit's I have forgotten.

I will give details of what is needed to finish it off including measurement's and even where to get the bit's from I reckon another £500 will see the car road legal. The current MOT has just run, Unfortunatly I just don't have the extra £500 to do it anymore:cry:

I don't want to break it at all would rather see it go as she is

Duncan Grier
08-07-2013, 11:17
James did I get back to you about ECU question?

Can get it sorted if required and seems everyone is broke atm :cry:

GLWS

DG

James5
08-07-2013, 11:42
James did I get back to you about ECU question?

Can get it sorted if required and seems everyone is broke atm :cry:

GLWS

DG

You did indeed Mr Grier still thinking of what to do with the car as I really have no more cash to splash on the 5. Then the ole family mobile has recently needed aload of cash spending on the bloody thing and it's still got a couple of minor fault's (plan to fix this friday)

£4.5k takes it as is and yes I am loosing out here by quiet a bit but I need it gone and want someone to finish it off:agree: