PDA

View Full Version : contact details for wag1

SCHWARTZ
19-06-2013, 18:36
Anyone have any contact details for an old member off here under the username Wag1 think his name is Fred or frank.:scratch: he may be on Cliosport now as had a Clio turbo but I'm not on cliosport.

James5
19-06-2013, 18:51
Anyone have any contact details for an old member off here under the username Wag1 think his name is Fred or frank.:scratch: he may be on Cliosport now as had a Clio turbo but I'm not on cliosport.

He's still on the valver forum you will need to sign up and login:agree:

http://www.clio16valver.co.uk/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1258

SCHWARTZ
19-06-2013, 19:10
Cheers matey il register later when I can get to a computer.

HAndy
19-06-2013, 21:29
is this about the turbo by any chance:crap:

SCHWARTZ
20-06-2013, 08:15
Could well be, I bought it of james5 who never used it and he bought it off this wag1 as a gt2860rs. James didn't know what he was looking at neither did I and I'm only just finding out now its not rollerbearing:sad2:
I know nothing much will come from contacting him but worth a shot.

James5
20-06-2013, 10:07
It is indeed HAndy this is the turbo Marco sold to me back in 2011 that he bought of Frank aka Wag1 a matter of weeks before. I believe Frank only stripped his car after melting the piston's and just gave up on his mk1 williams turbo. I had the turbo about 1 week as I was going to do another f7p turbo project but ended up scraping the idea and selling parts on and Gary had the turbo. I think you (HAndy) looked at the turbo also if I remember correctly that Marco was selling and you also said it was a ball bearing turbo. I have tried searching for Marco's rtoc profile and the sale advert but with no success at all:scratch: the advert had pic's and description of the turbo. I had no idea of how to idenitfy the difference between the ball bearing and journal turbo until recently with the 6 bolt's on the rear housing / core. After that thread I checked photo's of the rwd b18ft turbo I had after this as the turbo's looked the same and b18ft rwd has the 6 bolts and from I have been advised is a GT28r from the outside it just looked like any other 200sx turbo.

Gary as said by pm I feel rather :ashamed: by this, if I had the rwd GT28r still you could have swapped for it but I sold it on sometime back on facebook:crap:

James5
20-06-2013, 10:14
Gary PM for you I just found Marco's mobile number on my old phone i think he was Fakenham, NR21 based aswell had a silver clio valver. I even found his paypal email address. I have pm'd you all of it matey:agree:

SCHWARTZ
20-06-2013, 10:37
Cheers matey you have pm. I feel nothing can really be done about this now but I may contact him to get thesSPEC of the turbo.

HAndy
21-06-2013, 06:39
I looked at the car with somebody when frank first started to break it ages ago, from the clio valver club, cant remember his name:scratch:, but was unsure of turbo spec at the time, and asked qustions about the turbo, im pretty sure frank said he had somebody build it for him locally, not any of the well known turbo builders either, which put me straight off:laugh:, although I do wish I had purchased the cat cams:sad:,

frank wont know the spec, and chances are will want nothing to do with it, or will have difficulty finding the spec from the person who built it local.

I would either rebuild it yourself if journal type(if its not to badly mullered, once taken apart) or buy a new turbo:(