PDA

View Full Version : Removing EFi

Romil Davda
15-06-2013, 12:54
Laugh all you want but needs must!

I have a R5 which has been converted to EFi. If I wanted to return this back to running on carb/AEI, what is required?

I just wanted a list of everything in one place. Oh and I maybe looking to convert back too!!!

TNT ANDY
15-06-2013, 12:57
Laugh all you want but needs must!

I have a R5 which has been converted to EFi. If I wanted to return this back to running on carb/AEI, what is required?

I just wanted a list of everything in one place. Oh and I maybe looking to convert back too!!!

Whatcha doing you crazy fool.
:cooter:

Thundercat
15-06-2013, 13:03
Romil get that car on the road with the Efi fitted. Best mod you'll ever have on a c1j.

Dave Reed
15-06-2013, 13:10
WHY?????

Romil Davda
15-06-2013, 13:13
I really want to get the blue Skeete 5 I have on the road.

The quickest and cheapest way is removing the EFI. It only has a base map and only idles.

I have loads of bits and bobs and I think its silly to throw more money at it just now.

I want to take this car to Sangliers 2014 on EFI, so depending on the whats needed, I might just wait and save the pennies (well pounds) for the mapping!

Dave Reed
15-06-2013, 13:15
What ecu is it running?

TNT ANDY
15-06-2013, 13:21
Romil - drive mine at Blyton, see what you think before ditching it.
:agree:

Romil Davda
15-06-2013, 13:22
What ecu is it running?

MBE 970 to be precise! I have the software on my laptop, also available online.

Romil Davda
15-06-2013, 13:22
Romil - drive mine at Blyton, see what you think before ditching it.
:agree:

Knowing my luck, i'll break it!

Dave Reed
15-06-2013, 14:57
Tbh unless you've got all the bits needed to put it back to standard setup then you'll spend the £300 you could of spent getting it mapped...

Y not have ago yourself? I've got some cj1 maps you can look at/use for reference? You need to make a home made stethoscope, afr and a passenger.. Run safe ignition at first, sort the fueling at low boost then once that's done your laughing..

Does it har a self learn mode like the adaptronic?

Markey Mark (BD)
15-06-2013, 15:09
Romil if you need hand mapping I could help out, I need to learn too so be good for both of us.
I got Bonnie started today but does need map looking at as opening throttle does create a big flat spot

As has been mentioned you could spend as much on converting it back as it would to map it up

andybond
15-06-2013, 16:01
I really want to get the blue Skeete 5 I have on the road.

The quickest and cheapest way is removing the EFI. It only has a base map and only idles.

I

Dont be ****ing stupid.

It going to cost you to take it off , and then put it back on again.

Step away from the five with the EFi.

:)

SCHWARTZ
15-06-2013, 16:41
Romil if you need hand mapping I could help out, I need to learn too so be good for both of us.
I got Bonnie started today but does need map looking at as opening throttle does create a big flat spot

As has been mentioned you could spend as much on converting it back as it would to map it up

That will be the transient settings/accelerator enrichment depending on ecu mine still foes this:laugh:
Romil don't be silly just get it mapped or do it your self don't convert back.

Brigsy
15-06-2013, 18:29
Keep it efi mate. No doubt a fair few bits will have been modified to fit it. Get it mapped and job done

w35ty
15-06-2013, 18:57
Efi all the way! Id like to go efi to be honest just money :crap: if you wanna swap though il snatch it :cooter:

Logg
15-06-2013, 19:26
Unless you built the set up yourself mate who knows what they changed on the car.

As everyone else have said just get the car mapped mate I'm sure a little bit off boost mapping can be done DIY style to make sure the lumps ok.

After having efi for almost a year id never go back to a carb.

Romil Davda
15-06-2013, 19:46
Thanks for the responses guys...

Staying EFi and I'll get get it mapped year next year.

Ricardo
15-06-2013, 19:50
The worst ' I have EFI' thread ever :cooter: :D

jesus in the seat of a 5
15-06-2013, 20:00
The worst ' I have EFI' thread ever :cooter: :D

yeah...:agree: , that man bag is messin with your swede.... :laugh::wasntme:;)

youngscottie
15-06-2013, 20:21
Why would you want to remove efi
That's like going back to washing in a river or ****ting in a bucket
Get it mapped and enjoy the c1j at its best:)

royz
15-06-2013, 21:31
Romil get that car on the road with the Efi fitted. Best mod you'll ever have on a c1j.

can vouch for that. best thing i have ever done to mine.

Logg
15-06-2013, 23:15
yeah...:agree: , that man bag is messin with your swede.... :laugh::wasntme:;)

:laugh::wasntme::laugh::wasntme: :laugh: :wasntme: :laugh: :wasntme: :laugh: :wasntme: