PDA

View Full Version : washer jet woes

dj_craig_
15-06-2013, 11:56
My front washer jets dont work, i have removed the washer bottle and taken the motors out and tested them and both work fine, i then got a bulb with 2 bits of wire to test the wires and the front connector for the front screen is giving no power, it lit the bulb dimmly for prob 1 second then nothing, anyone no best way to fix this please ?, i have followed the loom back to were it goes in and checked for breaks in the wire by wiggling it about,i thought about just swapping tubes over so when you press rear screen wash it washes front but would rather it be right:bothered: cheers for any help.

Alex
15-06-2013, 12:18
If it originally lit the bulb, albeit dimley, I'd suspect it's just a bad connection. Have you tried cleaning it up? Ideally you need a multimeter to check the actual voltage rather than the bulb.

dj_craig_
15-06-2013, 14:10
Yes mate I have cleaned the conectors still no luck, I have noticed that sometimes pressing the leaver does nothing other times the wipers wipe 3-4 times then stop so am pretty sure its a loose wire, anyone know where it plugs in so I can see if I get power there, will after get a multimeter. Thanks for reply

dj_craig_
15-06-2013, 21:46
I have been looking in the haynes and found the wire goes to junction block - ventilation compartment harness, is this a posh name for the connector of doom ? If not were would I find this 'junction block' thanks again for any help