PDA

View Full Version : R5 GTT alloys + Michelin MXV 195/55/13 - what are they worth?

timotei1980
11-06-2013, 06:54
First post!

Can anyone tell me what they are worth?

are the tyres sort after as they are original spec for show cars etc..?

Two of the tyres have 7mm of tread, one has 5mm, and the other approx. 3-4mm.

Brigsy
11-06-2013, 19:18
They are worth whatever somebody will pay for them mate..they are old rubber

The new Bill J
11-06-2013, 19:34
They are worth whatever somebody will pay for them mate..they are old rubber

:agree:

Probably not suitable for the road, as they'll be over ten years old now. I think the only person who'd be interested is (as you said) somebody who's after a set to use for show on a concourse car, or something along those lines. I've got a set of Michelin MXV Coupes in my garage that have been used once - I doubt they're worth anything!

jesus in the seat of a 5
11-06-2013, 19:51
:agree:

Probably not suitable for the road, as they'll be over ten years old now. I think the only person who'd be interested is (as you said) somebody who's after a set to use for show on a concourse car, or something along those lines. I've got a set of Michelin MXV Coupes in my garage that have been used once - I doubt they're worth anything!

except fitting to my rowan car.....:D

The new Bill J
11-06-2013, 19:55
except fitting to my rowan car.....:D

:laugh:

timotei1980
12-06-2013, 06:51
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

yeah, I know what you mean about them being old rubber. But like you say I thought someone with a show car might be interested as there is plenty of better tyres now with the new technology available for fast road or everyday use.

However they do not look perished as they have been wrapped up in bags in the dark for over 10 years.

I just wanted to know if someone offered me £xx amount would I be stupid for accepting it or turning it down.

Thanks for the replies.

sega
12-06-2013, 08:30
Put them on ebay and you will see what they are worth.