PDA

View Full Version : Illumination

Benjibrady
10-06-2013, 19:57
Wondering if anyone can help,

my clocks dont illuminate when the lights are turned on, but the switches for fogs ect do. Could it be something as simple as a bulb behind the clocks?

Any help is appreciated,

thanks

ben

markg
10-06-2013, 19:59
I guess you have checked the dash light dimmer wheel is turned up ?.

Benjibrady
10-06-2013, 20:02
yea its up fully

markg
10-06-2013, 20:09
Cool, There is a few bulbs behind the clocks so I doubt they are all blown, never say never though. Let me dig out a wiring diagram and see if I can tell you what to check. Cant remember off the top of my head but maybe there is a fuse for the dash clocks ?. Worth checking the simple things first.

Junglist
10-06-2013, 20:09
Try taking the clocks out unplug all the wires and connect again. Hopefully might just be a loose plug on the back. I'm not sure which one exactly does the lights.

Nick k
10-06-2013, 20:53
Does the heater control dials light up and dim ok when you move the dimmer as they are on the same circuit as the clocks?

markg
10-06-2013, 21:06
Dont quote me but I think its a brown wire to the instrument panel for the lighting. Looks like it runs from the rheostat, posh name for the dimmer switch :). Do the warning lights work Ok when you turn the ignition on and the indicator lights etc ?. As Nick has already said the dimmer will also do the heater controls, blue wire from the rheostat I think for that.

SCHWARTZ
10-06-2013, 21:18
May sound silly but is the car driveable as in you use the lights properly? I only ask as I had a similar prob but turned out that I had knocked a plug out of the lights switch so the lights wearn't coming on and neither was the dash but just assumed the lights were coming on as I only worked on it in the day:laugh:

Benjibrady
10-06-2013, 21:52
thanks guys, ill have another look when i get some time over the weekend, ill see if i can see a brown wire coming from the dimmer, whether its loose or not connected etc.

much appreciate the help

Benjibrady
10-06-2013, 21:54
yea everything lights up except for the clocks and have been doing some night driving so i know that the lights are coming on