PDA

View Full Version : Turbo not spooling properly?

BabybluGTT
31-05-2013, 22:00
Hi everyone having a bit of a nightmare with the C1J.. The car is too low and the Downpipe has taken alot of hits, resulting in a fair bit of knocking to the downpipe/elbow/turbo/mani.
Had a few issues but now all would appear to be resolved, everything has been tightened up and on the surface looks to be no leaks, loose bolts, damaged boost pipes or anything that could cause a problem..
BUT now the car is not boosting properly, the turbo doesn't seem to be spooling properly at all. If I take the car right to the redline it makes maybe 7psi (Got it set at 13ish and has been fine).
My spec is KTEC large FMIC with hard pipes, T28, 38mm external wastegate, screamer pipe, piper 270 cam, tubular manifold.

Help?!? :eek: Cheers fellas

Markey Mark (BD)
01-06-2013, 07:47
Like I said its either a leak in the boost pipes, leak before the turbo or the gasket has gone for the external. These will all give possible causes for lack of boost
As you said on phone check the boost pipes but check all of them, especially the one running down low behind the intercooler

As you have given the exhaust a fair few whack, ripped exhaust off and loosened everything I wouldn't be surprised if its moved something there