PDA

View Full Version : burger kings new offering

HAndy
28-05-2013, 18:26
word has it east coasts most exclusive rtoc member os84721 aka (ipswich) was out sunday night secretly testing the new burger king offering,

they are calling it the flame grilled toaster:laugh::laugh::laugh:

hope your look changes soon oli, can it get much worse.....?:cry:
at least the gearbox held up;), and you half replicated the predicted side ways blue coffin moment;) although you did not spin off backwards into the " firey ball of death":D
i guess thats yours is now not making blyton either:ashamed: it is also looking like we might have to depend on the karlos and tnt andy to fly the east coast massive fail flag again this year:laugh::laugh::laugh:

sorry to hear the bad news oli, hope you get it fixed soon;):cool:

Big Steve - Raider
28-05-2013, 18:31
LOOOOOK OUT..... What's Ipswich been up to now??

Hope he's alright (hey even Ipswich needs love too) :D

HAndy
28-05-2013, 18:45
i think he's okay:scared:, although his engine bay might be taking on a new role at national day!!! as the mobile barbaque, get your orders in fast!!!:p this could be the blessing the rtoc blyton park national day was looking for, its not everyday you get a 280bhp double cheese burger:p:D:devil:

Ashy
28-05-2013, 19:24
Oh dear, not another 5 claimed by an engine fire :(

Been there, not nice :cry:

James5
28-05-2013, 20:15
Oh Crap and I thought I had all the bad luck. As long as he's ok is all that matter's.

Is this an accident or just an engine fire?

What was cause? any pic's

alig
28-05-2013, 20:20
mans car went up in flames init lol , what did i tell you about that flamer kit !

oli dont let "ive got a morgage andy" get to you , his car is on the rolling road on friday ( if any one wants to come he is buying any one a bacon role ) then we will see whos having a good laugh !

if any one wants to see a blue mid engined 5 go bang in a very big way on the rolling road on friday 31st please put your name down here !

1) alig

2)...

KEEP IT REAL BLUD !

alig
28-05-2013, 20:54
found a video of your car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOwKpWnyLPM

Os8472
28-05-2013, 21:48
Yes there has been a thermal incident :(

I finally got the at up and running Sunday night after replacing the gearbox and decided to take advantage of the bank holiday Monday and take it out for a test drive, the roads were clear and the sun was shining so I decided to just keep driving for the fun of it and she was going great, gripping well and launching down the road like a stabbed rat.
I pulled over to answer my phone, as the call ended I looked up to see smoke pooring from under the bonnet, the traditional 'oh sh*t' was uttered as I grabbed the exstinguisher and popped the bonnet, as I lifted the bonnet the flames were licking around the back of the engine all over the turbo, I pulled the pin, aimed and pressed the button........

It puffed a small bit of powder everywhere and stopped :eek:

With fire extinguisher no use, the flames building fast and nothing else to hand I got desperate and started to blow, some how it was enough and I managed to get the flames out :cry:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/os8472/9C9A0A07-53F1-4F94-B698-3455C10E5946-2798-000002C8164DFBE8.jpg

Tutuur
28-05-2013, 21:51
Oil feed or return leak? :confused:

Glad you're okay and the damage seems to be within limits...

Robbo
28-05-2013, 21:59
kin ell, takes some big balls to blow an engine bay fire out. i know its not funny but it did make me chuckle

tubbyG
28-05-2013, 22:08
ah gutted mate, I feel your pain :cry:..... you must have some lung capacity on ya :laugh:

So what caused it, Much damage done?

TNT ANDY
29-05-2013, 06:16
FFS oli - you can't get the break you need (unlike me, Yellow stuff ftw:cooter:) TBH, what you have there looks pretty minor and you managed to get it under control pretty quick :agree:

Most probably a quick clean up and replace 1 or 2 melted bits, you should be up and running in no time. Don't write yourself off just yet.:agree::agree:

Trevhib
29-05-2013, 10:19
Dreadful luck once again :(

The way you tell it though, the extinguisher and such, had me in stitches. :laugh:

steveT2
29-05-2013, 10:27
As above,looks like a lucky escape,my dad had the same problem with a fire extinguisher when one of his cars caught fire,unfortunately for him he had to watch his car burn to a crisp:-(

TNT ANDY
29-05-2013, 12:46
i think he's okay:scared:, although his engine bay might be taking on a new role at national day!!! as the mobile barbaque, get your orders in fast!!!:p this could be the blessing the rtoc blyton park national day was looking for, its not everyday you get a 280bhp double cheese burger:p:D:devil:

Of you'd have been on fb Andy you would have seen my genuine turbo powered bbq, pure class.

Mr Raider
29-05-2013, 12:47
Not good mate, hope not much damage has been done. Goes to show a fire extinguisher is essential in the glove box of a 5, probably worth getting them checked if they are getting a bit old. Glad turbo toasted didnt end up well and truly toasted!

Ashy
29-05-2013, 13:20
As above,looks like a lucky escape,my dad had the same problem with a fire extinguisher when one of his cars caught fire,unfortunately for him he had to watch his car burn to a crisp:-(

Exactly the same for me, those cheap fire extinguishers aren't worth a w@nk!

HAndy
29-05-2013, 16:56
all joking aside oli , at least you were okay, and the car is okay too, could have been so much worse:scared:

SCHWARTZ
29-05-2013, 17:04
Could have been worse, drove past an m3 this morning on the a3 had a bad engine fire front was barley reconisable I reckon you were lucky matey.;)

Ashy
29-05-2013, 20:40
all joking aside oli , at least you were okay, and the car is okay too, could have been so much worse:scared:

Yeah, like mine...l just wish I'd thought to blow the fire out :eek:

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Technical%20Files/Ashy%20172%20turbo/image.jpg