PDA

View Full Version : Renault 5 turbo reving problem ?

wozzer
23-05-2013, 22:07
Hya I have finally finished my renault 172 turbo conversion in me renault 5 turbo big thanks to scoff and Haz and James :) well I finally got it insured yesterday so started it up but it was ticking over on 1500 revs which I thought was rather high but anyway started to drive it a few hundred miles and the reving became worse like 2000 revs on tick over so asked a few people on Facebook (Rtoc page and renault uk page ) and they seem to of thought it was icv valve or throttle related iv checked over the throttle body and seems to be working fine and the throttle cable is also fine :/ I then decided to take the icv valve of to clean up ect but found out that there was mena be a plug in the top of it which wasn't connected or wired up so James said scoff must of used a different way of controlling the idol :/ anybody got any ideas thanks for reading warren

James5
23-05-2013, 22:21
is there an idle control screw on the TB? could be an air leak

wozzer
23-05-2013, 22:33
I couldn't spot anything mate but I'm working at the car garage tomorrow so will take a proper look on me dinner :)

wozzer
24-05-2013, 18:58
Right spent an hour on it tonyt before I left the garage I had all the sensors of and cleaned and checked for any air leaks or any sort ov blowing but nothing :/

SCHWARTZ
24-05-2013, 20:08
Sounds like the icv isn't being used so it idled higher when hot. Try dropping the revs by adjusting the tb butterfly and if there is a tb bleed screw try that also.

wozzer
24-05-2013, 20:51
Iv tryed adjusting the screw on the throttle body but that didn't seem to do anything :/ there was a little black cap on the side of the throttle body so I took the two star key screws out and there was a little pin my boss said if I was to turn it it should ov dropped the revs but it didn't do anything so duno if that's something to do with it ?

SCHWARTZ
24-05-2013, 22:08
that would prob close the butterfly if so it would drop the revs

wozzer
24-05-2013, 22:18
It just bogged down not far tho just a slight dip in the revs

Pete@Backyard Racing
25-05-2013, 09:51
Sounds like throttle flap sticking open due to carbon build up. Mine used to start revving up on its own at traffic lights so I had to blip the throttle for it to return to idle. Try taking it apart. carb cleaner & a wire brush worked for my ph1 172 it's quite a common problem.

wozzer
25-05-2013, 22:54
So take the throttle body of and clean it up ? Will do it tomorrow