PDA

View Full Version : having windscreen fitted, best seal?

gttjames
20-05-2013, 10:53
Hi guys - got my 5 back from bodyshop:) had new windscreen panel fitted so is all rust free. Now as opposed to having it repaired iv got a lovely new panel in there so want to protect it as best as possible. The reason it rotted so badly before was because it had a screen fitted at some point and whatever seal was sued was crap. Im not sure what seal it was but the outer seal had gone hard and lifted so it held water underneath.

Iv seen some 5's with a soft rubber outer seal that looks like it fits nice and stays soft to keep alot of water out. Im guessing its the renault one that goes bad and hard? Iv seen talk on the transit seal - is this the soft one thats best and i should ask for. Any pictures of good seals welcome and il try and match them up

Mr Raider
20-05-2013, 12:15
Had a new screen in mine after re-spray, it had a new rubber outterseal fitted and it didnt need the little t -shaped section at the bottom. I believe scuttles rust as windscreen companies cut the screen out taking paint off surrounding area then just shove the new screen in so it rusts over time. :)