PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

mingblus3
18-05-2013, 00:18
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to finally say hello officially on the forum.
I have been posting random threads and reading all the restoration threads and really wish this community of support was around 14 years ago when I got my first Renault 5 GTT. I was 18 and it was my second car. It originally had quad lights and a really poor pearl paint job and had done 68,000miles with 7 owners but I was in total awe of the car love at first sight and snapped it up from Shoebury in Essex. My parents were not impressed when I got a Ban for speeding 2 weeks later!!!!

During the 4 years of ownership I spent many hours at 1st Call Renault in Stock in Essex with my old mate "Peter" and when they moved onto Manor it was even better for my needs. I could never afford to buy new Renault parts back then due to being at college and paying a huge insurance premium. I got rear ended by a Volvo but the damage was really minimal, however the insurance wrote it off and I bought it back off them. With the money I managed to get a full bare metal respray and get it back to as OE as possible it looked lovely but I could not afford the decals back in the day.
I finally sold it onto a mate a year or so later when I got myself an Audi S3 quattro. He smashed it up 2 weeks later and sold it onto yet another mate who took parts of it and then it was pretty much history..... I'd long moved on anyway "so I thought"

So here I am now 33 and I have been hankering over my old R5. I started the hunt back in 2010 looking for a suitable car to restore back to OE. Came across a load of rubbish and have been looking on and off ever since thinking that unless I was prepared to spent silly money for a minter I would never find a project that I would be happy to spend my money on.

I have finally found and purchased a R5. It's in Scotland and I'm in Essex. It's being delivered on Tuesday by transporter and I really think I've got a good project car to return to OE or as original as possible. I will no doubt be needing some support and assistance as It's been modified under the bonnet and I don't really like it at all and there are some other mods that will have to come off ASAP.

When it arrives I'll get some pictures up. I've not even seen it up close yet but have seen the rust around the scuttle panel and rear passenger window. Bit of a risky purchase but it all check out and is a genuine low miler with full history and low owners. Looking forward to Tuesday.

Thanks for bearing with me
Simon

jesus in the seat of a 5
18-05-2013, 06:29
welcome simon, what a great story....:), I hope the new car turns out good for you!!!, you've joined the right place for all the help etc you may need...:agree:, look forward to some pics etc....:)

B18ftMOJO5
18-05-2013, 07:10
Welcome mate. Looking forward to seeing some pics. :) great club. Great advice.

Penfold aka The Dealer
18-05-2013, 07:31
Not coming from Fife is Scotland?? What car is it?? That electric blue ph1??

Wallace
18-05-2013, 07:50
Welcome mate:agree:

All 5's are a money pit:wasntme: but at their age it's understandable:cool:

Look forward to seeing the pics:agree:

Tony Walker
18-05-2013, 08:13
Welcome to the club :)

Logg
18-05-2013, 08:42
Welcome to the mad house. :)

Bigfoot
18-05-2013, 08:52
Welcome to the club if you need any help with anything let me know:agree:

mingblus3
18-05-2013, 09:15
All 5's are a money pit:wasntme: but at their age it's understandable:cool:

Nothing has changed then!!!

Thanks for all the kind words,

I will be needing a local to possibly come and inspect my purchase, give me some fresh advice or I could bring it up to a meet.

mingblus3
18-05-2013, 09:16
Not coming from Fife is Scotland?? What car is it?? That electric blue ph1??

Hello mate, it's black one on a G plate.