PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Fiat Car Key

Nikki
30-12-2008, 15:30
Hi all,

Ive somehow managed to loose my one and only car key for my fiat punto. I've contacted the local Fiat dealer who quoted around £100 + VAT for a new key, but i would have to take the car to the dealer for them to programme it, i'm not quite sure how they expect me to take it to the dealer without a key :mad:

anyway i've had a look on the internet and I know that other companies can basically do the same thing but i cant seem to find one that covers the north east (newcastle/sunderland/middlesbrough).

Anyone any ideas of a company in the north east where i can get a new key?

Thanks

Nikki

dangerous dave
30-12-2008, 15:39
if your with the AA they can recover it to the garage as it can be moved as a breakdown..

i've had a car moved after a smash which cost £60 and another one:scared: on the weekend costing me £90..

OUTLAW
30-12-2008, 15:41
been through a few puntos`s...also lost the key, out on the p*ss one night:laugh:. fiat told me it would cost around £650, this is because all the locks need to be changed, including the ignition barrel. then you have to change the brain which is under the bonnet..(ecu) and there is also a ignition pick-up module which is under the dash..;)
none of this is hard, as i managed to fit it all within a hour. you should be able to buy the locks, ecu and pick-up module. (i paid £200).....you have to get the same ecu, pick-up module etc for the same model. :D

Nikki
30-12-2008, 15:50
if your with the AA they can recover it to the garage as it can be moved as a breakdown..

i've had a car moved after a smash which cost £60 and another one:scared: on the weekend costing me £90..

the nearest fiat dealer to me is just under 15 miles away... will they take it that far?

dangerous dave
30-12-2008, 17:34
the nearest fiat dealer to me is just under 15 miles away... will they take it that far?

aa will, not sure what the cost would be if you go off your own back.. a frames the other choice but i think you might have trouble as your steering lock will be on..

you really should try looking for your key:cartman::p

LukeRobbo
30-12-2008, 18:12
It will cost you about £50 to get the car recovered.Make sure your car is secure incase some dodgy geezer finds the keys.

Ashy
30-12-2008, 18:25
usually with Fiats you need the red key to get new keys coded?! If you've lost that then thats when you probably need a new lockset.

I just got a new key for the 182 and it cost me around £160.00 all in including coding etc...