PDA

View Full Version : Rally prepped, stage 7 blah blah blah

Slammed 66
15-05-2013, 22:53
Really???

Two grands worth of budget wheels and what's up with that dashboard?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHOW-CONDITION-RENAULT-5-GT-TURBO-Full-rally-spec-road-legal-/181140554674?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a2cd183b2

Personally, I'd love to see what a forged boost hose looks like.

Wonder what turbo this stage 7 engined rally weapon uses.....
:rolleyes:

rs250nut
15-05-2013, 23:04
Someone go round have the chat and video it, ask him if it has a Msa log book.

chris
16-05-2013, 00:19
How many stages are there? :laugh:

mightymanx
16-05-2013, 00:53
thats been on ebay more times than ive had hot dinners

Slammed 66
16-05-2013, 05:47
How many stages are there? :laugh:

Stage 1: :yeah: "excitement" you've just bought your first GT Turbo

Stage 2: :mad: "anger" you see a fiesta in the distance and just have to race it

Stage 3: :confused: "what the *%}k just happened" 30 psi just saw the end of a liner

Stage 4: :dearme: "dispair" why the hell did I do this?

Stage 5: :jerkoff: "embarrassment" the fiesta owner drives past with his mates laughing at you and your rally prepped halfords special

Stage 6: :brickwall: "ouch" you've just had to fork out for some nugget who knows nothing about cars and swears that he owned a super chipped 5 back in the day to rebuild your engine. On the cheap of course. :rob:

Stage 7: :sos: "fear" you're scared to even drive the damned thing now so it's probably time that you create a bull**** eBay listing for the heap and hope some pre-pubesant gets stiff at the thought of buying your "rally prepped weapon"

After all, even Jean Ragnotti would kill for a go in it.

BluntyR5GTT
16-05-2013, 06:05
haha that just about sums it up

ffs man do people actually buy into such bs? i thought the days of that sort of talk had gone? although when i browse the different french car groups on fb its full of clueless folk :rolleyes:

HAndy
16-05-2013, 07:04
Stage 1: :yeah: "excitement" you've just bought your first GT Turbo

Stage 2: :mad: "anger" you see a fiesta in the distance and just have to race it

Stage 3: :confused: "what the *%}k just happened" 30 psi just saw the end of a liner

Stage 4: :dearme: "dispair" why the hell did I do this?

Stage 5: :jerkoff: "embarrassment" the fiesta owner drives past with his mates laughing at you and your rally prepped halfords special

Stage 6: :brickwall: "ouch" you've just had to fork out for some nugget who knows nothing about cars and swears that he owned a super chipped 5 back in the day to rebuild your engine. On the cheap of course. :rob:

Stage 7: :sos: "fear" you're scared to even drive the damned thing now so it's probably time that you create a bull**** eBay listing for the heap and hope some pre-pubesant gets stiff at the thought of buying your "rally prepped weapon"

After all, even Jean Ragnotti would kill for a go in it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: love it

Bigfoot
16-05-2013, 09:36
Dont you realise what stage 7 means on forge :rolleyes:

FORGED MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER WITH BOOST BOTTLE :scratch:
FORGED SILICONE HOSES
FORGE DUMP VALVE

Think he missed out the other 4 items

Big Steve - Raider
16-05-2013, 09:47
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: love it

:agree::agree::agree:

BabybluGTT
16-05-2013, 09:51
Where can I get hold of a boost bottle? :scratch:

Nad-5GTT
16-05-2013, 09:54
Dont you realise what stage 7 means on forge :rolleyes:

FORGED MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER WITH BOOST BOTTLE :scratch:
FORGED SILICONE HOSES
FORGE DUMP VALVE

Think he missed out the other 4 items

I did wonder about the boost bottle too :laugh: I think this car made its way onto a thread here not so long ago.

Slammed 66
16-05-2013, 10:02
Where can I get hold of a boost bottle? :scratch:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e91/TURBOHEARSE/image_zpsf7d82d2c.jpg (http://s37.photobucket.com/user/TURBOHEARSE/media/image_zpsf7d82d2c.jpg.html)

Available in a range of sizes to suit every budget :agree:

BabybluGTT
16-05-2013, 10:07
Sweet ill just run that alongside my forged window wipers and super chipped boot badge :laugh:

Mart
16-05-2013, 10:07
There is such a thing as a 'boost bottle' as it goes, albeit more so used on carb'd scooters & the such like.

scratcher
16-05-2013, 10:16
Sweet ill just run that alongside my forged window wipers and super chipped boot badge :laugh:

Wait, are we saying my fully forged wiper set up hasn't added 30% more BHP's?

The car actually looks pretty good in the photos :smokin:

BabybluGTT
16-05-2013, 10:24
I dont mind it either :ashamed: Not sure on that dash though.. Wasn't this the 5 that was 'stolen' but turned out to be quite a mystery and wasn't actually stolen at all..?:confused:

Slammed 66
16-05-2013, 10:26
I wondered that when I saw the dashboard. I think markey mark had worked on it previously before it got pinched and a load of bits removed

The new Bill J
16-05-2013, 14:54
" .....top of the rage YOLKahoma tyres....."

:scratch:

:laugh:

Brigsy
16-05-2013, 14:57
Still dog****e as per the last time it was sold lol

Trevhib
16-05-2013, 15:12
Brilliant run-down of the stages :laugh: :agree:

EDIT - that was a member's car not so long ago wasn't it?

Markey Mark (BD)
16-05-2013, 18:19
Lets just say I know what's in that engine and its not what as described

Worked on this car a far bit in the past, rot fee not sure about that unless the rot I found has been sorted

boysie
16-05-2013, 18:56
just pm'ed him for some under bonnet pics!!

curious how he get in and out as its been "fully dehandled" must be dukes of hazzard styleee! :laugh:

caymanr26
16-05-2013, 19:15
To be fair the handle recesses have been completely removed and filled and he says they work on door poppers - can see that in the pics

Doesnt seem as bad as you lot are making out - so he has said a few things that he obviously knows little about but dont think it warrants a slating, looks a nice car in my opinion!

Nottswoody
16-05-2013, 19:17
To be fair the handle recesses have been completely removed and filled and he says they work on door poppers - can see that in the pics

Doesnt seem as bad as you lot are making out - so he has said a few things that he obviously knows little about but dont think it warrants a slating, looks a nice car in my opinion!

Bud take it all with a pinch of salt it's the rtoc way :) you will get used to it..

I too think it looks **** hot each to there own bud..

caymanr26
16-05-2013, 19:26
I guess im getting old!

Hoolio
16-05-2013, 19:45
I think it looks really nice but what did he make the dash out of..................... Cardboard boxes?

But good news, he's withdrawn the right to withdraw from auction!

Markey Mark (BD)
16-05-2013, 20:19
Dash has been made out of very thin MDF, poorly flocked

Cage welding is very poor, some sections not welded all the way round so pretty hopeless in a crash.
I'm not purposely slating car because I hate it or its owner I just think its fair for people to know what the car is and had done to it

I know the previous owner of the car and what her ex bf done to it, he should be shot for the poor workmanship and mistakes he did to it

If anyone decides to purchase it all I will say is just have good look round it, have heard few stories of its past after my friend sold it on