PDA

View Full Version : R888 sizes for standard rims

fred rowland
12-05-2013, 19:11
Hi peeps, what size track tyres do the track day boys use on the standard 13" rims?
Am wanting to get some r888 or similar plus what brakes to use as I'm getting some savage brake fade. Cheers chaps.

Jonny5
12-05-2013, 19:16
185/60/13 i believe is the most common size.

Brigsy
12-05-2013, 21:34
185/60/13 i believe is the most common size.

:agree:

HAndy
13-05-2013, 19:05
r888 are awsome tyres :cool: but wear out quickly if used on the roads or a rough track surface, or if tyres are running lots of negative camber or too much toe in, so worth checking, before spending the big pound notes:)

as regards brakes, if your getting fade ,then try a higher boiling point fluid/better quality, and invest in some really good pads ferodo ds2500 or 3000's if track weapon, are well regarded ,but expensive, maybe even brake ducts in the fog light holes in the front bumper, cup cars ran these i believe , the clio cup mk1's had an abs plastic scoop wich attached to the wishbone and flowed air to the brake discs. :)

your profile says youve got 285 big brake conversion:scratch:

if your running the b18f volvo lump , i would be sticking with 15" wheels and the big brake kit you have already got , and duct some cold air, better spec fluid, they are hands down one of the best upgrades you can do to a high powered 5gtt, although you will carry more unsprung corner weight around with you:p

JRP
13-05-2013, 19:31
As Handy says, get good fluid and pads, but big brakes don't fit under standard rims.

If its a standard run and brake set up normal disks or drilled etc will work well.

Good pads nothing cheap. Cheap = scary moments

But for normal road use race pads are crap. They never get hot enough so never work well...., its a poo situation

fred rowland
13-05-2013, 21:13
thanks everybody for your responses. sorry for the confusion, the car is not the volvo powered phase 1 with big breaks its my other car (my track beastie with f7r) i put the clio front track and rear beam on and since doing so can't get wide 15'' wheels on anymore and as for 50 profile r888 forget it! Handles the tits tho with clio 16v steelies!
ok time to invest in the smaller standard gt turbo discs with better pads and fluid plus those 13'' 888's. cheers!