PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting GAZ Coilys?

BabybluGTT
08-05-2013, 07:25
Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advice on how to raise my coilovers so I stop smashing my exhaust on everything! Is there a how to on here? Apologies it takes ages to browse the forum on my phone so if someone could link me it that would be much appreciated! Also what tools will I need? Thanks in advance:agree::cartman:
Also should probably mention its a mk1 clio but using the GTT hubs, cheers.

mightymanx
08-05-2013, 12:18
is it just the front u want to adjust? if so just take the wheel off and give it a few turns exact diffrnce each side with the coil over spanner then see if its what height u want if not adjust a little more coil over spanners u can get off ebay

andymatt1
08-05-2013, 13:02
Stupid question but if you want to raise the car do you turn the lever to the left or right?

Markey Mark (BD)
08-05-2013, 13:30
Raising the platform on the shock will raise the car, lowering the platform will lower car

Slammed 66
08-05-2013, 13:35
Raising the platform on the shock will raise the car, lowering the platform will lower car

I thought it worked the other way. Raising the platform, making the spring compress and therefore lowering the car.

Ive got my gaz coilovers to set and fit when i get them collected.

Is there a way to visually check a gaz unit to see if its a ph1 or ph2 unit?

w35ty
08-05-2013, 15:20
Adjusting it up so theres more thread showing at the bottom makes it higher, turning it down makes car lower

Slammed 66
08-05-2013, 15:26
Adjusting it up so theres more thread showing at the bottom makes it higher, turning it down makes car lower

excellent.

That should save me a bit of time when it comes to fitting mine then :agree:

BabybluGTT
08-05-2013, 17:00
Thanks everyone, just ordered a pair of those spanners so just got to wait for them to be delivered now :rolleyes::laugh: