PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust blowing?

BabybluGTT
07-05-2013, 22:49
Hi everyone, my C1J clio is driving me bananas! Today I managed to rip my exhaust off twice, on the same speedbump. :dearme::disagree::cry:
After finally finding a way of getting underneath it properly I got the bods at the garage to reattach it all nice and tight and 'secure', but now I am paranoid as hell and I am sure it is blowing on the join. I can't see any sooty crap coming out anywhere, but I can hear a hollow tinny sound when driving slowly. Is it all in my head?!?!?:ashamed:

Is there a fool-proof way to be certain if its blowing or not? Either way, I need to raise the car, cut a section out of the Downpipe or drill another exhaust bracket through the car floor!

michael tierney
07-05-2013, 22:52
check ur manifold nuts

BabybluGTT
07-05-2013, 23:04
Thanks I will have a look tomorrow :)

Cr23g
08-05-2013, 18:05
Tried putting your hand over the end of the exhaust and get a pal to go underneath? Makes a leak alot more noticeable if there is one there.

BabybluGTT
08-05-2013, 18:33
Ill give that a go although my idle is really low I think it will just cut out! I've had a look underneath and in the bay and nothing seems to be loose or have any play, but i am positive i can hear a blow :mad: